I'm trying to short a bunch of signals on a circuit to ground - these include clock signals, data interfaces, and pin resets to see how the board behaves.
Its worked all ok with an npn transistor for DC signals, but as soon as I try to fault a high speed clock signal, the transistor seems to do nothing at all. Its a simple npn transistor (PN2369A- Fairchild), with the base resistance at 1k @ 3.3V, collector connected directly to the signal I'm trying to short, and emitted connected to ground.
Is an npn transistor suitable for shorting clock ac signals? If not, what should I be using? I could simply short it with a wire, but I'm looking for a safe way to do it instead of touching the board while its in operation. I can trigger the voltage at the base using an external power supply.
Its worked all ok with an npn transistor for DC signals, but as soon as I try to fault a high speed clock signal, the transistor seems to do nothing at all. Its a simple npn transistor (PN2369A- Fairchild), with the base resistance at 1k @ 3.3V, collector connected directly to the signal I'm trying to short, and emitted connected to ground.
Is an npn transistor suitable for shorting clock ac signals? If not, what should I be using? I could simply short it with a wire, but I'm looking for a safe way to do it instead of touching the board while its in operation. I can trigger the voltage at the base using an external power supply.