Need help on IR Led circuit using 12 volt

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hi
Older outdoor security camera use ring style IR Led for infrared illuminator night vision.
Attach is pictures of ring style infrared illuminator.
More newer outdoor camera use one or two Ir led plus one photocell to turn on the IR led for night vision.
Look on google can not find any circuit using one or to two Ir led plus one photocell using 12 volt.
Anyone need help find circuit for one or two ir led plus photocell to use on outdoor camera using 12 volt.
mrel

Attachments

RobNevada

Joined Jul 29, 2019
The power draw of the LEDs (voltage and ma) and whether they are in parallel or series is going to determine the resistance level of the diagram. Cadmium photocells are high resistance (megaohm to low resistance when the sun goes down) and an additional resistor may need to be added depending upon how the LEDs are wired. LEDs can also be used as photocells and produce about 2volts when pointed at the sun. If you are playing with infrared LEDs, be careful. This spectrum of light is invisible to humans and can be like staring into a 100 watt light bulb at a short distance and causing eye damage. The question to ask is would you stare into a 100 watt light bulb for 20 minutes and not think you will suffer eye damage.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
hi mrel,
Do you already have the two IR LED's and LDR.?
E
Have not select any parts ,because have no schematic and parts list.
I post this thread so maybe someone can point to website that have schematic and parts list for two ir leds with photocell circuit.
This ir led is to be use on security camera for night vision.
mrel

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi mrel,
So what area and angle do you want to illuminate with IR.?
I use the type on the right photo you have posted in post#1. I get about 5 to 10 degrees, range about +10mtrs

E

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
hi mrel,
So what area and angle do you want to illuminate with IR.?
I use the type on the right photo you have posted in post#1. I get about 5 to 10 degrees, range about +10mtrs
Hi ericgibbs
See attach picture.
This picture is ptz camera has two ir led and one photocell.
That circuit got burn out, so the ir led don't work anymore.
I need circuit to put two ir led and photocell in spot where burn out ir led and photocell is locate,
mrel
E
IMG_20200901_031637.jpg

RobNevada

Joined Jul 29, 2019
I have attached a rough drawing. The resistor values are based upon a single LED so you will have to modify as needed. Any NPN transistor will work for a couple of LEDS. You can build a big array using a TIP120 NPN.1599008097312.jpeg