Need Help Looking For Simple LED Flasher

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Hello,

My name is George, new member here. I am looking for a LED Flasher circuit,non PIC, don`t have access to program them or understand the codes etc. So standard electronic parts would be preferred.

I would like to have 5 LED`s with 3 on and Two off then have that alternate and be able to adjust the flash rate with a variable resistor. The LED`s would be either Bright White, Red OR Blue if Possible and run on a battery source of 6v to 12v max.

I would like to install them into a remote controll police boat and have them act as the Flash Bar on the Roof. So the simplier the better.

If anyone has a Working Circuit they wish to share please let me know. As for buying pre made, Yes available from overseas BUT I like to build my own as much as possible.

Thanks for your time and help.

George

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008

george0039

Joined Oct 15, 2008
Thanks mik3 but from your link it does not say if the circuit can handle a Total of 5 LED`s with 3 on and 2 off and then alternating that, with a power supply voltage of 6v to 12v.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
See the attached.

The 4093 is a CMOS quad Schmitt-trigger NAND gate; a very useful device. Typical manufacturer's part numbers are CD4093B or MC14093B, with additional letters/numbers on the end.

Note that power connections and pin numbers are not shown for the 4093, nor is the 0.1uF bypass capacitor across the Vdd and ground/Vss pins. You can determine these by looking at a datasheet.

You could substitute TIP120 transistors for the Darlingtons I've proposed, but those I've specified are in a TO-92 case, so they are quite small.

The 330 Ohm resistors are calculated for blue LEDs with a 25mA current @ 3.8Vf for a 12v battery. You'll have to recalculate the resistors if your LEDs have a different rating.

R >= (BatteryVoltage - VfLED) / Desired Current

Attachments

karthik_dm

Joined Oct 16, 2008
[quote=george0039@hotmail.com;92784]Hello,

My name is George, new member here. I am looking for a LED Flasher circuit,non PIC, don`t have access to program them or understand the codes etc. So standard electronic parts would be preferred.

I would like to have 5 LED`s with 3 on and Two off then have that alternate and be able to adjust the flash rate with a variable resistor. The LED`s would be either Bright White, Red OR Blue if Possible and run on a battery source of 6v to 12v max.

I would like to install them into a remote controll police boat and have them act as the Flash Bar on the Roof. So the simplier the better.

If anyone has a Working Circuit they wish to share please let me know. As for buying pre made, Yes available from overseas BUT I like to build my own as much as possible.

Thanks for your time and help.

George[/quote]

------------
here u can download the led flasher schematics...

Rich (BB code):
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=93117&postcount=1