I need help looking for DC generator

zemanekj

Joined Jan 31, 2019
I am looking to buy or make a DC generator, something that can generate, say, up to 35 volts volts.
However I am not looking for something that can only generate maybe 1-2 volts tops like in this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MSFFH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(I know I says they can generate 3-12 volts but none of them have lived up to that claim) I am however looking for a generator with a similar design.

Any suggestions?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do you need it regulated?
Any DC motor should be able to generate DC, if you find a wound field version, you could regulate it easily.
Max.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
What power/current do you need at 35 Vdc ?

What is turning the generator shaft ? RPM would be one question.

One possibility is to use a 24 V alternator and raise its field excitation,
but I am not sure how much the field will tolerate in terms of excess V
and how well the alternator is operating with respect to its magnetization.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One possibility is to use a 24 V alternator and raise its field excitation,
but I am not sure how much the field will tolerate in terms of excess V
and how well the alternator is operating with respect to its magnetization.
A 12v alternator would also put out the small current the OP needs, but a bit overkill.
You can get 48v+ from as 12v alternator.
Max.

mvas

Joined Jun 19, 2017
I am looking to buy or make a DC generator, something that can generate, say, up to 35 volts volts.
However I am not looking for something that can only generate maybe 1-2 volts tops like in this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MSFFH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(I know I says they can generate 3-12 volts but none of them have lived up to that claim) I am however looking for a generator with a similar design.
Any suggestions?
What voltage did you measure across that Generator's output when you were spinning the shaft at 6,500 RPM?