Need help looking for an audio interrupt schematic

Binary Buddha

Joined Sep 24, 2016
Can anybody lead me to an audio interrupt schematic?

I want to use it to for my CB radio and vehicle stereo. I've tried looking but, most are "out of context" for this type of application.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Can anybody lead me to an audio interrupt schematic?

I want to use it to for my CB radio and vehicle stereo. I've tried looking but, most are "out of context" for this type of application.
most newer automotive stereos have a single chip amplifier. That amplifier generally has an enable pin. Open up your amp and check the chip part number - datasheets are available on-line.

Simply apply logic high or logic low to enable/disable the amplifier (may be inverted logic - check datasheet).

Binary Buddha

Joined Sep 24, 2016
Essentially, I want to build one these. http://audiointerrupt.com/Content/CBMCHY86OR.html

With a few modifications...

Do you want to cut the stereo off when the cb starts chattering, or is it for a mobile phone?
Yes, that's what I'm looking to do. Mobile would be nice, but beyond what I'm looking to accomplish.

I read the question and imagined that he wanted to detect an audio signal and provide an interrupt signal to a microcontroller.
No hablo espanol.... j/k ... two inputs routing to single "channeled" output. Input one is continuously routed to output unless audio signal comes in from input two. If that happens, input is switched (not joined) to input two => output. Which would have the effect of muting input one.

Binary Buddha

Joined Sep 24, 2016
most newer automotive stereos have a single chip amplifier. That amplifier generally has an enable pin. Open up your amp and check the chip part number - datasheets are available on-line.

Simply apply logic high or logic low to enable/disable the amplifier (may be inverted logic - check datasheet).

Don't know if that's what I'm aiming for... If it is, it's beyond my skill level at the moment.