NEED HELP: INTERPRET THIS CIRCUIT

blue6x

Joined Apr 6, 2005
HEY, GOOD DAY TO EVERYONE, I HAVE AN ATTACHED PIC OF A CIRCUIT WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL, BUT I CANNOT INTERPRET THIS WHOLE THING. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS OP AMPS ARE DOING..

I HAVE THIS OP AMP CONFIGURATION WHICH TELLS ABOUT INTEGRATOR AND DIFFERENTIATOR, BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS CIRCUIT IS A POSSIBLE COMBINATION OF BOTH. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE AND WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE OUTPUT BETWEEN THOSE TWO OP-AMPS, AND THE ROLE OF THOSE CAPACITORS. NEED THIS BADLY, SO PLEASE REPLY ASAP. THANKS...

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by blue6x@Apr 13 2005, 08:16 PM
HEY, GOOD DAY TO EVERYONE, I HAVE AN ATTACHED PIC OF A CIRCUIT WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL, BUT I CANNOT INTERPRET THIS WHOLE THING. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS OP AMPS ARE DOING..

I HAVE THIS OP AMP CONFIGURATION WHICH TELLS ABOUT INTEGRATOR AND DIFFERENTIATOR, BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS CIRCUIT IS A POSSIBLE COMBINATION OF BOTH. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE AND WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE OUTPUT BETWEEN THOSE TWO OP-AMPS, AND THE ROLE OF THOSE CAPACITORS. NEED THIS BADLY, SO PLEASE REPLY ASAP. THANKS...
[post=6904]Quoted post[/post]​
hi,

since this is a assignment, i will not give you a direct answer to your question but rather put questions that would lead you to the solution.
1. do you know the function of an integrator
2. do you know the output of an integrator with an input of ac or dc
3. do you know the function of a differentiator
4. do you know the output of a differentiator with an input of ac or dc.

when you combine the 2 op-amps it becomes a bandpass filter.

blue6x

Joined Apr 6, 2005
hey, thanks...
I know the output of the integrator circuit and differentiator circuit, is it safe to say that the first op-amp could act as a summing amplifier????

This is really not an assignment, I'm just curious about this circuit that I have encountered in a device, particularly tachometer. I would appreciate if you could give me brief explanation that could lead me to the understanding of the whole circuit. That circuit is just part of the tachometer schematic diagram

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by blue6x@Apr 13 2005, 08:16 PM

[post=6904]Quoted post[/post]​
blue6x,

Is it possible that the negative and postive inputs are labeled backwards at U2? The use of positive feedback in an opamp is not very common. Most often when I see positive feedback used with an opamp, I generally assume that the opamp is being used as a poor-man's comparator. If the inputs are ahown correftly then that is probably the case here. It would help to have information on the nature of the signals at inputs V1 and V2 as well as the power supply being used to power U1 and U2,

hgmjr