Need help in designing Unusual Clock dividers with and without 50% duty cycle

sharanyakhamithkar

Joined May 18, 2015
How to design the following unusual clock dividers and plot the timing diagrams using Cadence or Spice tool?
1 A glitch free odd integer clock divider with 50% duty cycle.
2 A glitch free non-integer clock divider with 50% duty cycle.
3 A glitch free non-integer clock divider without 50% duty cycle.

Please help!

sharanyakhamithkar

Joined May 18, 2015
thank you.
if you can, please give me any material related to this topic.
i have no idea to do.
just suggest me how to do.
i ll try and let you know, if i struck somewhere, please suggest me.

thank you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Have you even attempted to look for information on this? There is a LOT of stuff out there. Just Google "non-integer clock divider" and you will get a bunch. Read up on that, then show YOUR best attempt to solve YOUR homework problem. That gives us a starting point for discussion.

sharanyakhamithkar

Joined May 18, 2015
To be frank, i didn't try. Because i've time for it. Now we have exams, after that i need to do this assignment. I just thought of asking your suggestions. anyways Thanks!! I will try and let you know.

sharanyakhamithkar

Joined May 18, 2015
I've tried to get odd integer (3) clock divider using flip-flops and few logic gates, I've got partial output as shown in attached file.
I'm getting correct output only in positive pulse and its following the input in negative pulse. What can be the problem?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I've tried to get odd integer (3) clock divider using flip-flops and few logic gates, I've got partial output as shown in attached file.
I'm getting correct output only in positive pulse and its following the input in negative pulse. What can be the problem?
We can't tell much if we don't see your schematic. There are pretty much an infinite number of circuits that will give a particular waveform, so don't make people guess what you have done.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do you understand why switching to a master-slave flip flop worked? Or was that just "a happening" -- meaning that you tried something and it just happened to work? I suspect it is the latter because if you made the change deliberately, you would have seen that you could have solved the problem (most likely, since we still haven't seen your circuit) with an inverter.