Need help in converting tab lcd display to mini car display.

djpandey01

Joined Apr 2, 2016
I have a dead tablet with a 7 inch lcd display. It has a 60 pin connector. Now as the tablet is dead and I know that the most valuable part of the tablet is its display, I want to make a mini display for my car which will have rca as its input.
Is it possible to do so? If yes, then how? Please suggest. I am attaching the photo of the connector pin.

Attachments

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
The picture of the connector tells me everything I need to know about the displayo_O and I can say with absolute certainty that it is not possible for you to re-purpose this display in your car.

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Has the display got any serial/model number or manufacturer on it at all? If you can find out you'd then have to match the 60-pin FFC to the corresponding ZIF socket and from there you may be able to find a driver board for it. Not sure if it will have any incompatibility issues due to proprietary tech etc. Quick search for LCD driver boards with 60-pin ZIF sockets found this one but again I cannot guarantee compatibility.

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Alternatively you could try and find an interface expansion board like this but that very much depends on how comfortable you are using MCUs like Arduino, Pi etc.

djpandey01

Joined Apr 2, 2016
Has the display got any serial/model number or manufacturer on it at all? If you can find out you'd then have to match the 60-pin FFC to the corresponding ZIF socket and from there you may be able to find a driver board for it. Not sure if it will have any incompatibility issues due to proprietary tech etc. Quick search for LCD driver boards with 60-pin ZIF sockets found this one but again I cannot guarantee compatibility.
I can't find any model no. or something like that but I found some bar code written on it which I am attaching. And for more information, my tab is a MID tad, a Chinese made tablet.

Attachments

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Ahh there doesn't seem to be a lot that comes up with that serial number so it would probably be a bit of a stab in the dark when it comes to matching the correct driver board for it. It would probably require a lot of experimentation on your part to make this work with no guarantees of a success. If you really want to try you're going to need to match a driver board for it but looking at the prices for them it might be cheaper to buy a new 7inch analogue display which is already mounted, encased and has a driver board, like this one.

2-CH 7 Inch TFT Color LCD

djpandey01

Joined Apr 2, 2016
Ahh there doesn't seem to be a lot that comes up with that serial number so it would probably be a bit of a stab in the dark when it comes to matching the correct driver board for it. It would probably require a lot of experimentation on your part to make this work with no guarantees of a success. If you really want to try you're going to need to match a driver board for it but looking at the prices for them it might be cheaper to buy a new 7inch analogue display which is already mounted, encased and has a driver board, like this one.

Thank you very much for your help.

djpandey01

Joined Apr 2, 2016

Sir I some how managed to find the pinout of the display which I am attaching with it.

Attachments