Need help identifying FFC/FPC connector for ASUS laptop

fdisk

Joined Nov 4, 2019
Hi,

I could really use some help.

I've broken the clip off the keyboard connector on my laptop and am having trouble identifying the connector. It is an ASUS X541AU laptop and the connector is unlike any available (as far as I can tell) on Ebay, etc. I was thinking about replacing the whole connector, but my soldering skills a pretty basic, so just wanted to use a new one for the clip. After the photo was taken I did the SSD upgrade and used a hot glue gun to get it back up and going, but I've opened it again to upgrade the RAM and the clip broke in half...super glued it back together but it has had it. Now the only option is replace the connector or find another clip. Any help identifying the connector would be much appreciated.

Attached is a pic of the connector and the clip.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You'll need to know some dimensions, but that looks similar to some I got at Digikey last year. While eBay may have "1000" hits, the selection can be poor and limited only to a few actual dealers.

fdisk

Joined Nov 4, 2019

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Good find. That is basically what one has to do. Places like DigiKey, Mouser, etc. do have parametric search engines that can limit the field, but it is still a lot of searching.