Need help fixing portable washing machine

amount

Joined Jul 5, 2017
I'm having some difficulty with a Panda XPB36 twin tub portable washing machine. I'm hoping somebody here might be able to help! I have very little experience with this sort of thing, so I'd appreciate it very much if you could explain things to me like I'm five.

Problem:

When I bought the washer, it worked fine for about two months. Then, occasionally, the spinner started tripping the circuit interrupter in the bathroom outlet. Everything would work again after resetting the GFCI. Eventually, however, the machine stopped working entirely, even when plugged into an outlet without a GFCI.

I opened the access panel on the back and saw that there was a blown fuse (it says "F5A/250V") in one of the lines. I replaced it with a Cooper Bussmann 5 Amp Time Delay Fuse that said it could be used for circuits up to 250 volts. When I plugged the machine back in, the pump worked and the washer motor worked, but the spinner motor blew the replacement fuse.

I put another new fuse in and tried washing a load. As before, the wash cycle tripped the GFCI. But when I plugged the machine into a different outlet, it worked fine. The wash cycled worked and the pump drained the tub. I didn't bother trying the spinner again since I had only bought the two replacement fuses.

One potential important observation: when I opened the back of the machine, I noticed that the capacitor had come loose from its bracket. It may have gotten wet at some point when the wash tub was over-filled, I don't know.

Details:

Washer: PANDA TWIN TUB WASHING MACHINE
Model: XPB36
Class of Waterproof: IPX4
Rated Washing Capacity: 3.6kg
Rated Spinning Capacity: 2.0kg
Washing Input Power: 240W
Spin Input Power: 120W
Rated Voltage: 110V~
Rated Frequency: 60Hz

Here's a picture of the wiring diagram on the back of the washer:

http://imgur.com/taEun00

Capacitor:

CBB60
(12+25)μF±5% SH
250VAC 50/60Hz
40/70/21 C.P0

Here's a picture of the capacitor (it has four wires coming out):

http://imgur.com/RMY1CiI

Spinner motor:

XTD-30 (A)
30 W 110V 60Hz 1.3A
12μF/250V Class B
Zhejiang Weikang Motor Co., Ltd. 2013.11

Here's a picture of the spinner motor:

http://imgur.com/CnbrqTg

If anyone has any ideas for how I can diagnose the problem and begin to fix it, I'd love to hear them! I would also be interested in hearing about where I should go to track down replacement parts if needed (such as the capacitor).

Thanks a bunch!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Capacitors fitted to Chinese Induction motors are notorious for early/frequent failure.
I would seek out N.A. made ones if replacing, CDE etc specifically motor run rated types..
Max.

amount

Joined Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply, MaxHeadRoom. Forgive my ignorance, but can you let me know if I have this right?

"N.A." = North American?

"CDE" = Cornell Dubilier Capacitors?

Can I ask how would you go about finding a replacement capacitor?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Look up electrical/electronic suppliers available to you and check for AC motor grade run caps, you don't show your country of origin.
Yes to both abbreviations.
Max.

amount

Joined Jul 5, 2017
OK, cool. (I'm in the US, by the way. New York State.)

One more question (I think): What does the "12+25" mean on the capacitor? I know that it refers to the capacitance, but why are there two values?