Need help finding information on a Transformer.

k_couture2000

Joined Oct 6, 2007
I'm trying to replace a toroid transformer that has a faulty primary winding. It's rated for 120v line voltage with duel secondary windings that output 21vac rated to 16 amps. I've searched sites like mouser and found no suitable replacements, I also cannot seem to find any datasheets on this part even on the manufacturer's website. I have attached an image of the label on the Transformer if anyone can offer any help I would be grateful.

Attachments

k_couture2000

Joined Oct 6, 2007
The Transformer does indeed have to secondary windings. And I can only assume that they are the same voltage rating due to the label. 1 winding has two blue colored wires and the other has two yellow colored wires. The primary winding as your standard black and white wires.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It is quite a while since I picked one up from him, send a request for a quote.
Also there is quite a number of Toroids on ebay right now, As I mentioned it is quite simple to add your own winding, however for dual windings it is advisable to wind together , i.e. bi-filar.
You would need a 350va (probabally what the 336 is in the part No)!
Max.

k_couture2000

Joined Oct 6, 2007
It is quite a while since I picked one up from him, send a request for a quote.
Also there is quite a number of Toroids on ebay right now, As I mentioned it is quite simple to add your own winding, however for dual windings it is advisable to wind together , i.e. bi-filar.
You would need a 350va (probabally what the 336 is in the part No)!
Max.
I'm not sure what the 336 number is

k_couture2000

Joined Oct 6, 2007
Was able to get some information frm the company that makes the Transformer. The don't make it anymore and haven't for about 10yrs. NOW I need to find a replacement. Any ideas? I've attached the datasheet I was provided

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That model shows it has a thermal sensor in the primary, if the Pri. shows open, it is most likely this.
Inspect the outside and see if you can detect anything, but unfortunately the pri. is wound on first so it may be hard to detect.
It is a stupid idea anyway IMO.
Have you tried the other sources?
Max.

k_couture2000

Joined Oct 6, 2007
That model shows it has a thermal sensor in the primary, if the Pri. shows open, it is most likely this.
Inspect the outside and see if you can detect anything, but unfortunately the pri. is wound on first so it may be hard to detect.
It is a stupid idea anyway IMO.
Have you tried the other sources?
Max.

I've been trying to find an equivalent replacement but it's proving difficult. I may be reading the datasheet wrong but it's not easy finding secondaries rated to 16amps each. And most other transformers of this type seem to also have duel primaries as well.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Do you have space to take two smaller transformers? Might be easier to source (haven't checked what's out there).

Edit: Eric beat me to it!