Need Help. Bistable Multivibrator.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually 2 transistors are the simplest set reset latch. What is your application? Or is that the assignment (coming up with an application and designing around it)?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Actually 2 transistors are the simplest set reset latch. What is your application? Or is that the assignment (coming up with an application and designing around it)?
I vote for the cross-coupled gates. What can be simpler than a single IC, unless the circuit needs to use non-standard logic voltages?

So, the bistable multivibrator is the s-r latch? Is that right? So, to get a application I just need to find application of s-r latch, then convert it to trasistor? Am I correct?
Why do you need to use discrete transistors?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have some ideas (I'm sure you've seen them, the 555 toggle for example), but I'm waiting for the OP to explain what he is really after.

One of the reoccurring themes in the homework section is we will help, but we won't do the work. If you are stuck for ideas there are many appliances (such as LED lights) can could be push on/push off. I have a mechanical unit over my bed for a reading lamp. As for circuits, there are huge numbers of sources out there.

As for discrete transistors, it is possible this is an assignment requirement.