NE555P IC burn out #2 - How to use the oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
I will have to visit this thread at a later stage. Joining AAC has revived my interest in electronics and I suddenly remembered that I do have a 'scope. I found it under a layer of dust in the back room. Now I gotta get it cleaned up and evict some spiders and see if it still works. Thanks.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I will have to visit this thread at a later stage. Joining AAC has revived my interest in electronics and I suddenly remembered that I do have a 'scope. I found it under a layer of dust in the back room. Now I gotta get it cleaned up and evict some spiders and see if it still works. Thanks.
Rather than waiting for this thread to appear, start a new thread which will tailor to your specific needs and your oscilloscope.

DrCowiber

Joined Jul 15, 2021
@DrCowiber
While you are waiting for replacement parts, now is a good time to learn the controls on your oscilloscope and how to use it effectively.
Tell us the make and model of the oscilloscope. Post a photo of the full front panel. Then we can steer you to some user guides.

New thread created from this one:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/ne555p-ic-burns-out.180781/
Ok, that sounds like a good idea. I did not see this at first.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/781023191656562738/868923214867333120/IMG_0492.JPG

here is the front, and I believe that the make and model would be the words in the bottom left, Hitachi V-212.
I have no user manual with it, although the person who sold it to me said that I can probably find one online, never bothered to look as I was not planning to use this for more than viewing a wave from my oscillator, which now that I think about it is a poor way to plan to use a tool like this.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I would prefer to see a thread started by you.
Create the new thread and we can move relevant posts over to the new thread.

Edit: This thread will thereafter be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.