NC Relay 12V max voltage for NO

duykwe

Joined Nov 17, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have a 12V relay, here is it datasheet. As I read the datasheet they say that the max voltage allowable for the coil is 130%, which is 15.6V. So if I put a higher voltage to it, then it may break. But how about the N.O pin, is the limitation for the coil apply for the N.O pin or I can or anything else?
Hope you guys can help me! Thank you so much!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The Contacts are rated for 10A 250VAC, they do not show the DC rating, if used for DC, they are usually de-rated, current wise.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Switching DC is harder on the contacts - arcing etc, when used at the same level as the AC figure, when switching DC it will be quite a bit less voltage & current,.
I see that relay is of Chinese origin, so you may not expect the same info details as you would a relay from the more popular manuf. from N.A. or EU etc.

duykwe

Joined Nov 17, 2023
Switching DC is harder on the contacts - arcing etc, when used at the same level as the AC figure, when switching DC it will be quite a bit less voltage & current,.
I see that relay is of Chinese origin, so you may not expect the same info details as you would a relay from the more popular manuf. from N.A. or EU etc.
Ok, I got it. Thank you!

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have a 12V relay, here is it datasheet. As I read the datasheet they say that the max voltage allowable for the coil is 130%, which is 15.6V. So if I put a higher voltage to it, then it may break. But how about the N.O pin, is the limitation for the coil apply for the N.O pin or I can or anything else?
Hope you guys can help me! Thank you so much!
The spec is a little confusing.
If you have a 12v relay, then,
The maximum voltage required to energize it is: 12v*75%=9v (or less), so N.O. closes at 9v
The minimum voltage required to de-energize it is: 12v*5%=0.6v, so it will stay energized, holding the N.C. open until the voltage falls below 0.6v.

If you apply max voltage to the coil, it doesn't change the Pick-up or Drop-out voltage spec.