Name this part

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
I dropped a bit of solder on a PCB and upon removing the solder I removed an object circled in red. Can you name it so I can order it.Boyueda-ThumbThroittle-3-upgrades-no15~3.jpg

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You could replace the original component, just make sure that you get it the same way round as it appears to have a polarity stripe.
Possibly a diode or electrolytic capacitor.

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
You could replace the original component, just make sure that you get it the same way round as it appears to have a polarity stripe.
Possibly a diode or electrolytic capacitor.
Already ordered the complete PCB to replace it. Problem is it's going to take 45 days for delivery from China. If I know what the part is. It could be here in a couple of days and hopefully fixed.

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
I lost the component when I removed the solder. That's why I need to know the name so I can order another one.

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
I measured the three remaining components that looked similar on the ohms setting and got different results from each one 9.4 69.1 and 0 all gave zero when reversing the multimeter polarity.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What sort of multimeter? Some of the analog ones only have one ohms range, which would explain the zero. The different readings are due to the rest of the circuit. Show us the whole board, or at least an inch around the part missing, jf the board is really big.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
You can't just measure the other similar components while in circuit, other components in the circuit will affect the readings. The only sure way to measure those 2 similar components is to remove them, measure them, then put them back.
Odds are they are some kind of diodes, but one missing could also be a zener diode, which would be impossible to guess without a schematic. But, measuring the other two should give you some idea if they are regular diodes or not.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Looking at the new picture and observing the outlines silkscreened on the board, the guess is diodes of some kind. But if the size is known and the voltages on the board are known then a guess can be made that has a chance of being correct.

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
5.3v to the board. Diodes readings .570 .570 .570 and one I can't get a reading from. Two of the .570 give zero reversed the other .570 gives 1.370 reversed.

Sean M

Joined Sep 29, 2020
I thought that were strange readings. The display still powers up so nothing has blown on the board. The display informs E 08. Meaning Error @ 08. But that is just because I removed the part I'm assuming.