I need to swap the NO to N/C on the gsm volt free relay to the motor
Any one help please

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi
I have a gsm intercom that only has a N/O relay for a sliding gate motor
I need to swap the NO to N/C on the gsm volt free relay to the motor
Any one help please
What are you trying to accomplish with this modification?
What is the part number and manufacturer of the relay that you have?
Are you sure that the relay you have has ONLY NO contacts?

killspy

Joined Dec 23, 2021
i am trying to get when someone pushes the call button it goes to someones mobile then they push # and will send a normally closed going open to the gate motor but the gsm relay has only a N/O RELAY ON BOARD

iDG 2G Budget Intercom for Electric Gates & Doors
The 2G GSM intercom is available in a range of colours and finishes designed to compliment your electric gate installation.
  • Entensive Colour Range
  • Slim Design (Just 2cm thick)
  • High Quality Materials
  • Internal Aerial
  • 12-24V AC/DC Power
  • 2 Output Relays N/O
  • Weatherproof Enclosure

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I did not meant the part number for the intercom. I meant the part number for the relay. As I understand it you want to remove the NO relays on the board and replace them with NC relays. Is that correct? I don't know anything about your desoldering and soldering skills, but I would recommend against this. I would seek a solution using the existing boards as they are but add an external relay which uses the NO relay on the board to operate a second relay which is NC. In this way you preserve your investment in the intercom boards.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
How do you intend for the gate control to work with a normally closed relay? That does not make much sense, as I see it. AND, to avoid disrupting the receiver, you can use an external relay operated by that normally open relay. Simpler than trying to modify a complex asembly, unless you are a master at soldering. Most folks are not that good.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What current will the NC contacts be breaking? That will affect the size of relay that is used. AND because this receiver is powered by either 12 or 24 volts DC, a low voltage to operate the extra relay is already on hand. Not the slickest work-around, but very simple and easy to implement. And I am very puzzled about the application.