My Take home test that I need help with

mErKy

Joined May 16, 2017
My professor gave the class a take home test before the Thanksgiving break that would be due the Wednesday that we come back. I found this website a couple months back and saw that a lot of the topics discussed on here pertains to my major (Computer Engineering). If anybody can, and is willing to assist me with my take home test that I attached, I would greatly appreciate it. (I need help with the whole thing by the way)

Attachments

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I believe that by getting us to help you would be cheating others in your class. Doesn't you university have a Code of Ethics? Or, a Code of Conduct? The purpose of a test is to find out what you have learned, not what you can gleen from others.

It's also great that you started "early" on your assignment. This bodes well for your future career. I, for one, wouldn't want you anywhere near where I worked.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The techniques that are used on an exam need to reflect the material as taught in the course. Thus, to provide useful help to you it would be extremely helpful to have a link to the course homepage or to post the course syllabus and the textbook that is used.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
If anybody can, and is willing to assist me with my take home test that I attached, I would greatly appreciate it. (I need help with the whole thing by the way)
We can help, but we don't do homework.

You need to post your best efforts first. But don't expect miracles. If you don't know the material, it's unlikely that anyone here will be able to teach it to you in a few days.

mErKy

Joined May 16, 2017
The techniques that are used on an exam need to reflect the material as taught in the course. Thus, to provide useful help to you it would be extremely helpful to have a link to the course homepage or to post the course syllabus and the textbook that is used.
The name of the course is Introduction to Digital Electronics, the textbook we use that we use is "Digital Systems, Principles and Applications" 12th edition by Ronald J. Tocci, Neal S. Widmer, and Gregory L. Moss

mErKy

Joined May 16, 2017
Welcome to AAC!

We can help, but we don't do homework.

You need to post your best efforts first. But don't expect miracles. If you don't know the material, it's unlikely that anyone here will be able to teach it to you in a few days.
I understand what I have to do, I just was hoping that I could be led in the right direction when doing this. Since its a take home test I want to use any help I can to get the best grade possible. Also (unrelated to the take home) I don't really understand how to write out a K-map, if you can assist me with that, or show me videos/links that explain it well that would be very helpful

mErKy

Joined May 16, 2017
I believe that by getting us to help you would be cheating others in your class. Doesn't you university have a Code of Ethics? Or, a Code of Conduct? The purpose of a test is to find out what you have learned, not what you can gleen from others.

It's also great that you started "early" on your assignment. This bodes well for your future career. I, for one, wouldn't want you anywhere near where I worked.
If you are not going to help then please refrain from replying to this post. The title of this post clearly says that I need assistance with something so if you are not going to help then you did not have to reply, thank you.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The name of the course is Introduction to Digital Electronics, the textbook we use that we use is "Digital Systems, Principles and Applications" 12th edition by Ronald J. Tocci, Neal S. Widmer, and Gregory L. Moss
That helps some. But it would help quite a bit more to know more about this particular course and what topics it specifically covers (and which ones it doesn't). You mentioned K-maps. These are taught a few different ways, mostly varying in how they are labelled. But things like what Boolean identities can be used varies quite a bit, as well.

Do you have a course homepage you can link to? Even just a copy of the course syllabus or schedule would help since it wouldn't be good to show you how to work a problem using techniques that aren't covered.

mErKy

Joined May 16, 2017
That helps some. But it would help quite a bit more to know more about this particular course and what topics it specifically covers (and which ones it doesn't). You mentioned K-maps. These are taught a few different ways, mostly varying in how they are labelled. But things like what Boolean identities can be used varies quite a bit, as well.

Do you have a course homepage you can link to? Even just a copy of the course syllabus or schedule would help since it wouldn't be good to show you how to work a problem using techniques that aren't covered.
My professor doesn't post anything online and he does not use the text book actually. We use the textbook for additional review of the topic.

Attachments

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
As someone who got lots of help here before - start with K-maps. Show the problem, show your work and where you are getting lost. Perhaps you could use an example from the book. But no-one will be able to teach you the necessary material in a day and no-one will solve the test for you on here...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: Let's keep things civil.

A TS is within bounds to ask that someone refrain from posting in their thread (though they can't prevent it).