My PC Desktop not showing Icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hello again,
http://www.ehow.com/about_6697490_ntuser-dat-file_.html
I have opened Windows Explor. and where is the hidden ribbon

press "Windows-E" to open Windows Explorer and then click "View" on the ribbon bar. Click "Options," and then choose "Change Folder and Search Options." Click the "View" tab in the Folder Options window, select "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives" in the Advanced Settings pane and then click "OK."

I have no idea what you are trying to describe.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
When you say icons, you mean the icons that launch programs correct?
yes the icon of software installed and saved files on desktop are not showing.
how and where to copy.
sorry my English grammar is weak may by i was not understanding your previous reply.!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Sorry but I don't know how else to say it.

Do you know what copy means?

Say UserA works. Desktop icons are showing as you want. But when you log in as UserB the desktop icons do no show.

Go to the \Users\UserA\desktop, select all of the files, right click and copy them

Now go to \Users\UserB\desktop and paste the files.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
On my Win10 laptop (I don't know if this applies to earlier OS versions or your PC), right-clicking on the desktop brings up this :-
DesktopIcons.PNG
Make sure 'Show desktop icons' is ticked.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
If you had two monitors attached at one time then the icons could be displaying in that space. Djsfantasi's solution should fix that.

If that doesn't do it:

1. Check the Recycle Bin
2. Make sure you are logged in under the same account when you created the icons.

3. If some or all applications are missing from All Programs under Start on the task bar then this is a good indication you are logged in on a different account.

4. All of the users will be found under C:\Users. Any icons will be found under each name in the Destop directory. If they are not there and not in the Recycle bin then they are gone.
1. Check the Recycle Bin

I regularly use CCleaner which clean Recycle bin.
Everything is working fine all program are there except when i find paint it does not not show it show corel paint.
may be this indication of wrong.
and i can see the whole icon while seraching.
4. All of the users will be found under C:\Users. Any icons will be found under each name in the Destop directory. If they are not there and not in the Recycle bin then they are gone.
as i send screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.