My old data book collection

Hello Richard,

I see that you have a Unitrode data book. I have tried to find data sheets for the Unitrode USD5096F Schottky diode, but it has proven to be hard to find through Google. I would very much appreciate if you could scan a few pages on this schottky rectifier diode.

/Mattis

BTW. I think this is a great initiative. I also have quite many (not Unitrode though) data books and will try to do an inventory of those to as well.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I see that you have a Unitrode data book. I have tried to find data sheets for the Unitrode USD5096F Schottky diode, but it has proven to be hard to find through Google. I would very much appreciate if you could scan a few pages on this schottky rectifier diode.
I looked in my 1984/1985 Unitrode databook and did not find your part. I did not find any numbers that were even similar.

Do you have any idea when the part might have been made? You can look at the date codes on IC's in your unit if this is a repair.

I looked in my 1984/1985 Unitrode databook and did not find your part. I did not find any numbers that were even similar.

Do you have any idea when the part might have been made? You can look at the date codes on IC's in your unit if this is a repair.
That is strange. The date code are 83 and 84. I even purchased some NOS from http://www.electronicsurplus.com/unitrode-usd5096f-diode-35amp-35v-piv .
They also were dated in 83-84.

The diodes are used in the power supplies in an old VAX-11/750 computer. Both the 135A 5V supply and 85A 2.5V supplies has experienced diodes that were short circuited so it would be good to understand if they fail because of overload or if the root cause is something else in the supply. Maybe I need to get a better part than this to make them survive.

Sometimes DEC put there own codes on semiconductors. But then they always prefixed it with DEC. So this seems to be a regular Unitrode part. Is there any other 35V 35A Schottky DO-5 with lead type of diode in your data book?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help. My efforts to get this old machine running is here: http://www.datormuseum.se/computers/digital-equipment-corporation/vax-11-750

What I did was to post on the classiccmp mailing list to see if any good answer surfaces. Eric is usually very active on that list so maybe he answers if he knows.

I really appreciate your help anyway. Thanks!

/Mattis

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Mostek MK6049N Datasheet needed Please.
Can you give me more information? A description and when the part was made would help. If you are not sure of this information, tell me where the part is used and what numbers are printed on the chip so we can get the date code.

rlp123

Joined Apr 7, 2009
I have done an inventory of my collection of old data books. It numbers about 600 books at this time. There are still some stragglers that need to be added when I get the time.

See this thread for background:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...onductor-linear-applications-handbook.100301/

Since this is the Electronics Resource Forum I am going to make an offer to members of the AAC Forums. I am willing to scan a limited number of obscure data sheets (not entire data books) from my collection. All I ask is that you do not request data sheets that are already available on-line.

-- RichardO

Can you find the data sheets for the Motorola MC1302 (7 stage divider, may be MC1302L)? It would be under the Consumer section in the Motorola Linear IC databook 1979 or 1980-81 I believe. It appears to be a part that was only in production for a year or two.

What happened to this effort? What about some crowdsourcing process to locate the no available ones?

I prefer to have my own information instead depending on the cloud.

PD: I have a few gb of datasheets. Some of them for the same chip but different manufacturers. But it's very messy to order them correctly!

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
PD: I have a few gb of datasheets. Some of them for the same chip but different manufacturers. But it's very messy to order them correctly!
I have 36 directories: 0-9 and A-Z. Data sheets go into the appropriate directory alphabetically, by part number. If there are a lot of data sheets from a single manufacturer then I add a directory for that manufacturer (in the directory for that manufacturer alphabetically) and move and/or copy the files there.

To make it easier to find a data sheet I often save it in more than one directory. For instance: LM7805 in the "L" directory and 7805 in the "7" directory.

I am surprised how well this works. It is not uncommon for me to start to download a data sheet into the desired directory only to find that I already have a copy there. My attitude is that if I have looked at a data sheet even once then I should save it for later.

I just add the name of the manufacterer in the filename.
Bertus
I do the same.

I have over 16GB and 29,000 files in my data sheet directory -- so far. :D My goal is to have a data sheet saved for every single part in my inventory. :eek:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I have done an inventory of my collection of old data books. It numbers about 600 books at this time. There are still some stragglers that need to be added when I get the time.

See this thread for background:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...onductor-linear-applications-handbook.100301/

Since this is the Electronics Resource Forum I am going to make an offer to members of the AAC Forums. I am willing to scan a limited number of obscure data sheets (not entire data books) from my collection. All I ask is that you do not request data sheets that are already available on-line.

-- RichardO
One set of data sheets that I've never been able to find is; the old Mullard OC prefix germanium transistors.

I use an order by function, I prefer it because I often forget the numbers of the components.

I often have a few of the same component, them put them in a folder. I put the brand and then the number, sometimes they change to avoid copyright or whatever (NTE does this, I like their IC drawings because they are quite clear and vectorial but their datasheets are quite empty).

If you tried Proteus, it's a bit like that.

I'm reconfiguring my systems, so I don't have them here. But it's like this...

Datasheets

-VoltReg
- 74xx
- 40xx
- Transistors
- OpAmps
- Diodes
- MCUs
- CPUs

And so on...

I often reorganize the structure, because I don't have clear if separate them by analog/digital/mixed (for example).

It's quite time consuming while you make the tree and figure where ti out each one. But it's also an excuse to learn about components while looking them :D

I know, I'm weird....

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Whenever I organize any bunch of data whether for my professional activity or for this hobby, I take time to decide a proper layout to ensure that, for long time, I am not going to need moving things from one archive to the other.

Some months ago I finally distributed all my datasheets according to function, inside the archives where I have any type of notes, articles or circuits of some kind. It works and makes my searches much easier now. It also allows to know if I already got some obscure datasheet so I do not need to download again.

The same with the related ANs which get the number and a minimal description (usually the title).

Once in a while, I list ALL my archives, order them by size. In seconds I can see the repeated ones which I delete. It helped to clean the mess easily many times.

Please, would you show me your directory structure? I'm not sure what to do and would like to learn from someone with lots more experience than me :)

I'll do a ls later, but I'm still looking some stuff and going to sleep soon.