My old data book collection

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Please, would you show me your directory structure? I'm not sure what to do and would like to learn from someone with lots more experience than me :)
Experience? Not sure. A PC, even the humblest one can do marvels in keeping an organized archive. It all depends of you. Keep sending new files to where they belong and that is all to it.

Every time there is a document on a new subject that I cannot encase in any of the existing files, I open a new file (meaning that there is a new subject) and done. Original, isn't it? :p

Directly related to all this, I find much more important, a good back up.

Now that I think of it, I am not a slave of my filing system. Much better ways to use my time.

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Wow. I don't think I have even _seen_ Mullard data. :(
A firm I worked for retired its development lab - I won a decent quantity of data books, including a few old Mullard ones.

The sheets that never seem to turn up are the 60s commercial devices like OC44/45, OC71, 81 etc. Somewhere I have a couple of data booklets with the likes of AF116/117/118 etc, but the data given is minimalist to say the least.

I see you have the National Semiconductor Logic Vol II listed, can you please look in there to see if there is a National Semi DM74FL00 datasheet? Yes it is a simple 00 but it is the FL series that is unique.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I see you have the National Semiconductor Logic Vol II listed, can you please look in there to see if there is a National Semi DM74FL00 datasheet? Yes it is a simple 00 but it is the FL series that is unique.
It might even be on archive.org where anyone can download it.

AFAICR: F is faster than Shottky and the L is low power.

I checked there, they have all sorts but primarily discrete and analog, I have also checked almost all of the datasheet archives online as well. The only logic are the CMOS and the FAST series. By a one page scan I have from old records it would be in the 54 L Series section but I don't have the details about it.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I checked there, they have all sorts but primarily discrete and analog, I have also checked almost all of the datasheet archives online as well. The only logic are the CMOS and the FAST series. By a one page scan I have from old records it would be in the 54 L Series section but I don't have the details about it.
Search: "databook" - there is quite a collection of manufacturers data manuals.

It goes way back further than anything I've needed to look for, the more recent stuff can be lacking but there's a steady trickle of new uploads.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
If it has an F in the part number its in the FAST family, can't remember for certain but that may even be faster than Schottky.

An L in the number is usually low power - in most cases, any low power part suffers a speed penalty compared to the basic family type.

It might be possible to get away with an advanced or enhanced CMOS part.

retroware

Joined May 3, 2016
I'm looking for a datasheet for the dual jfet from Siliconix: DN1725. This was used by Fluke in some of their AC voltmeters. I've searched everywhere to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

retroware

Joined May 3, 2016
Sorry to spam this thread but for the life of me I can't figure out how to initiate a conversation with an existing member. I'm sure I'm being an idiot but any pointer would be helpful.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
It might be because of the number of posts that you have. I'm not sure. One of the mods will see it soon. They'll let you know.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Hello, retroware. Welcome to AAC.

I looked in my old Siliconix data books and did not find any J-FET's with a DN prefix to the part number. :(

It may be because my data books are too old for this part. Do you have a guess for the year the part or DVM were made?

I will keep this in the back of my mind... I may think of another source for your data.

retroware

Joined May 3, 2016
Thanks to everyone who looked. The part is in a Fluke 8506/8521 AC voltmeter from the early 1980s. I also need a spec for a similar but different dual jfet DN1139 which was used by Fluke for their ohm board in the 8502a, also of early 1980 vintage. Fluke sure loved those dual jfets during that era. I'm guessing that was before the day of high quality fet op amps.

In terms of getting a data sheet there is a 1982 Siliconix databook on ebay that I'm thinking about taking a chance on.

Hi - I am trying to get some information on some very early MOS Technologies wafers that I have. The wafers are 2" diameter and are marked with the famous MOS logo. The wafers are marked as below and I also speculate on the type - It would be great to see a data book on the devices too. Is there ANY possibility that I can actually buy the packaged versions of these devices?

MOS Test 1 - 2” test Wafer marked MOS and Test 1
MOS 2019 - a 2” wafer that looks like some kind of simple logic or gate array to me
MOS 2050J - a 2” wafer 256 bit RAM
MOS 2050G - a 2” wafer 256 bit RAM
MOS 2013A - a 2” wafer that looks like ROM

Any help or pointers appreciated.

How can I access the databse of datasheets? Is it online anywhere?

mpownby

Joined Oct 7, 2016
Since this is the Electronics Resource Forum I am going to make an offer to members of the AAC Forums. I am willing to scan a limited number of obscure data sheets (not entire data books) from my collection. All I ask is that you do not request data sheets that are already available on-line.
Hello!

I am looking for technical data on the TMS 9128 NL VDP graphics chip and believe that the info I seek may be contained within the book entitled "TMS9118/TMS9128/TMS9129 Data Manual".

I am exploring the possibility of making an FPGA reproduction of the graphics PCB used in the arcade game, Cliff Hanger, which uses the TMS 9128 NL chip. I could try to reverse engineer what I don't know about this chip but I'd much prefer to have proper documentation. I understand that this book is about 110 pages long. I would be willing to scan in the _entire book_ for the benefit of the community in exchange for getting this information.

I am able to do what I claim (make an FPGA reproduction). As "proof", I invite the reader to consider my latest project, a laserdisc player replacement for use in arcade games such as Dragon's Lair (and Cliff Hanger) : http://laserdisc-replacement.com

Best wishes,
--Matt

mpownby

Joined Oct 7, 2016
Hey, thanks for the reply!

The main thing I am looking for right now is info about the 'RESET/SYNC pin. All the googling I've done seems to suggest that the VDP can be synced to an external source if the input voltage is over 9V, but I have yet to see any examples of what this wave form would look like and exactly what kind of sync is being sent. Is it vsync? hsync? composite sync? Can I assume that anything above 9V is positive composite sync? I don't really know any way to discover this info short of getting the boardsets all put together and working and then putting my scope on the 'RESET/SYNC pin and seeing for myself.

appreciate the help.