My old data book collection

iggs

Joined Jul 9, 2020
Hi Richardo! I was wondering if you had the technical specifications for an E111 N-Channel jfet. It appears to have been made in 1973 and discontinued some time before 1977. It is very similar to the 'new and improved' J111-18', but not exactly the same.
I believe that this information can be found in both National's FET databooks as well as Siliconix at the very least. If you do have time to take a look, thank you very much. If not, no trouble!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Unfortunately, RichardO passed away some time ago. But others have this thread bookmarked and may be able to help you.

rsjsouza

Joined Apr 21, 2014
Hi Richardo! I was wondering if you had the technical specifications for an E111 N-Channel jfet. It appears to have been made in 1973 and discontinued some time before 1977. It is very similar to the 'new and improved' J111-18', but not exactly the same.
I believe that this information can be found in both National's FET databooks as well as Siliconix at the very least. If you do have time to take a look, thank you very much. If not, no trouble!
Hi, there is a reference to the E111 transistor on the 1982 version of National Semiconductor Discrete databook. This is available at a few places on the internet. One of them is here:
https://usermanual.wiki/Document/1982NationalTransistorsDatabook.1194771753/view

iggs

Joined Jul 9, 2020
Hi, there is a reference to the E111 transistor on the 1982 version of National Semiconductor Discrete databook. This is available at a few places on the internet. One of them is here:
https://usermanual.wiki/Document/1982NationalTransistorsDatabook.1194771753/view
Thank you! I did find that reference (if it's the same one) that calls for J111-18 as a replacement. I was hoping to find the exact technical specifications for the E111, but since then I have found a slightly updated manual for this specific piece of audio equipment which confirms J111 as a replacement. Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, RichardO passed away some time ago. But others have this thread bookmarked and may be able to help you.
Oh darn. Sounds like he was a great guy. I'm sure he would be happy to know his thread lives on to help others.

Thanks for the help everybody!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Thank you! I did find that reference (if it's the same one) that calls for J111-18 as a replacement. I was hoping to find the exact technical specifications for the E111, but since then I have found a slightly updated manual for this specific piece of audio equipment which confirms J111 as a replacement. Thank you very much!

Oh darn. Sounds like he was a great guy. I'm sure he would be happy to know his thread lives on to help others.

Thanks for the help everybody!
Oh yes, he was!!

mccunets

Joined Dec 11, 2020
Hello all,

Looking for Micro Power Systems Data Book. Generic sounding name turns up energy saving or some weird sites. I'm specifically looking for any page for MP7533. There is Exar I know but I would rather have the old data book from mid 80s to early 90s. Exar is missing the MP suffix. I see RichardO has '92 year edition.

- Luis

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Sure, let me see what we have around.
Thanks for offering material.

You should edit your post to remove your email address so you don't start getting SPAM and attract SPAM bots to AAC. You can contact members more securely with private messages - after you have 10 posts.

I have done an inventory of my collection of old data books. It numbers about 600 books at this time. There are still some stragglers that need to be added when I get the time.

See this thread for background:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...onductor-linear-applications-handbook.100301/

Since this is the Electronics Resource Forum I am going to make an offer to members of the AAC Forums. I am willing to scan a limited number of obscure data sheets (not entire data books) from my collection. All I ask is that you do not request data sheets that are already available on-line.

-- RichardO
Richard
I'm very interested in the Texas Instruments TIB0203 bubble memory book. I probably need most of it - might it be possible for you to loan it to me so I can do the scanning and then return it to you? Or, there are services which will scan books to pdf for a fee - I could pay you and have you send it out for scanning. Let me know if any of this is possible.
thanks
Brian

Hello,

Unfortunately Richard is not among us anymore.
There are a lot of old TI databooks over here:
https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/bit...ik.uni-stuttgart.de/components/ti/_dataBooks/
This page also does mention the book:
http://www.decodesystems.com/tib0203.html
Here I found a copy of a related book at the datasheet archive:
https://www.datasheetarchive.com/pd...5f896458aac8c4ca29c9b248a&type=O&term=TIB0203

Bertus
Bertus
I'm sorry to hear about Richard.
Thank you for the links - I've seen the last two which have some info to get me started. Sadly, the first one doesn't have the TIB0203 book. I will continue my quest. I have several modules so I may be able to take one apart carefully enough to figure out how it works.
thanks again
all the best
Brian

Gwyddion

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Hi - a long shot here, but I'm looking for any info on the following IC, as all searches have turned up nothing:
Part number: RA3091
Date code: RAY7614 (so presumably a Raytheon part)
Description: 14-DIP aluminium-looking hermetic package.
Use: unknown, but was removed from an (unknown) Tektronix TM500 plugin by a colleague

Gwyddion

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Welcome to AAC!

It would be helpful if you could find out which plugin.
Yes, it would - unfortunately I don't have that luxury. I have a list of around 8 that it could be, and have looked through the parts lists for each. No luck - many of the ICs just have Tektronix part numbers.
I've also got an old Raytheon IC catalog, but there are no parts in it beginning with 'RA' mainly 'RC'

Last edited:

Gwyddion

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Its in this Siliconix databook (which also lists its equivalent as J111):
https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/2021-20-equipment/fet-design-catalog1979-siliconix.pdf
Given that JFET specs are notoriously variable, I would suggest J111 or any similar N-Channel JFET would be fine.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Yes, it would - unfortunately I don't have that luxury.
It's too little for me to go on. Check back if you get more information.

BTW, they didn't use aluminum for IC packaging. You're probably referring to a ceramic package.
1638501513960.png1638501533073.png
EDIT:
They do use aluminum packages (e.g. TO-3), but not for DIP packages.

Last edited: