My Ariston RD-80 has an AC synchronous motor, it is actually turning at between 325 and 330 rpm on 60 cycles. Why?

roselewis

Joined Jun 19, 2022
Hello friends!

First of all, let me say that I am not an engineer, however I found this forum and decided to try my luck with a problem I have with an electric motor.

The motor belongs to a small vacuum cleaner, specifically the Conga Duostick Easy.

The problem is that the AC motor started to make a number of rotations much faster than normal and, consequently, make a lot more noise.

I have already removed the vacuum motor and replaced the Polypropylene Film Capacitor - 0.1 UF - 15mm, but to no avail.

The brushes look fine. It seems that there is still a lot of carbon to be spent. They have a "half moon" tip form, but I think that’s normal.

There's only one other component I haven't tested, which is a temperature sensor.

In the motor specs it says it has 800W.

What do you think it could be? Do you think there’s any chance to repair the motor?

I'm not an expert on epoxy flooring Raleigh, so I'd appreciate your answers weren't elaborately technical.

Thank you in advance.
My Ariston RD-80 has an AC synchronous motor, marked 250 rpm at 50 cycles, and 300 at 60 cycles. Rough measurements and quick calculations show that it is actually turning at between 325 and 330 rpm on 60 cycles. Why???
I thought I had the wrong pulley, but I don't.
Can anybody explain this to me?
Thanks,

Mod Edit:
Please don't hijack other members' threads.
This thread was split from here.