Music that makes you feel something

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Saw Tool in concert a few months ago.

I've been to many dozens of live performances over the years. Nothing like this. Audiually and visually spectacular.

Thanks for poking your head out to contribute to the thread, I feel honored!

I went through a tool and A Perfect Circle phase back around 2006 where I played it as close to nonstop as I could get away with for months until one day I realized I was absolutely sick of Maynard's voice. Since then I've not had much interest in listening to it again. When Schism comes on the radio I don't change it, and I would still go to a tool show if someone I knew was going. But I don't seek it out to listen to.

After breaking up with tool I shifted a few gears, did a few donuts, and went on a RHCP bender. With previous lesson learned I weaned myself off them before it got unhealthy and I can still enjoy their music today. My favorite:

EDIT: I can not enjoy that new song where he sings in a ridiculous fake accent. Horrible! Makes my ears puke!

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I was following RHCP closely until John left. I havent really kept up with music in a while. Well he is back and they got a new album out and it sounds pretty good so far!

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011

The channel is quite good. Videos are posted with english translations of songs that came out of afghan amd chechen wars. Commments often have a lot of good information also.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
The channel is quite good. Videos are posted with english translations of songs that came out of afghan amd chechen wars. Commments often have a lot of good information also.
Sounds like a promo for Russia's recruiting office - the glory of the wars in Chechnya and two in Afghanistan. Not cool.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Almost anything by Chicago! The band has performed live every year for 55 years. I grew up with them. 30% of the original band still perform, including their most prolific songwriters and arranger. This is their latest, from their 38th studio album.