Multi-Transducer's maximum possible output

newbEEE

Joined Aug 26, 2014
Hello guys,

This is not strictly a homework problem but I am not sure where to post this. As a part of a project I need to know the maximum possible output power from a programmable multi transducer(the transducer in question is attached). It says
"Simultaneous measurement of several variables of a heavy-current power system / full supervision of an asymmetrically loaded four-wire power system ,rated current 1 to 6 A, rated voltage 57 to 400V (phase-neutral) or 100 to 693V (phase - to - phase)"

Now, is finding the maximum possible power output as simple as multiplying the voltage and current given above? (i.e.,) 400*6 = 2400VA is the maximum possible power/phase it can measure? I am not sure how to proceed and completely new to electrical calculations as well. Would be glad if any one could shed some light on this! Thanks!

Attachments

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Yes I would agree that up to 2400VA per phase can be measured. If all phases are the same and at maximum then one would have 7200 VA total across the three phases.

Actual power would depend upon the individual load power factors for each phase.

newbEEE

Joined Aug 26, 2014
If a Current transformer, with a ratio of 2500/1, is used to reduce the current before this multi-transducer, will the max.power before the CT be 2500*2400/phase?.