multi load and wait times for 2 days

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't know whether Firefox is broke...I think it is...or my virus killer is getting too nosey.
For two days I have to reload pages of AAC or the buttons are very slow, like 20 seconds to change pages.
Anybody running into glitches like that?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I use FF and I experience the same thing. The most annoying thing is not being notified of new post on currently read thread. I can read a thread.....think that I have finished.......go back to sub-forum.....and find out 2 or 3 more post have been added....while I was reading.

That's not too bad though........but I wish that I was notified of new post before posting. Many times I post.......and then find out 1 or 2 post have been done while writing.

I run in to this often. I don't think FF is high on most web master's list.

I was gonna try that new EDGE browser.......but it require a log-in. So it was not built for my use.

That's for MS's use.

When I first came here, they were using a different interface. It was much more advanced then this thing they're using now.

Edit: I can even refresh a page......and not get new post. But close page and re-open....then new post are there.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have been noticing a lag in recognizing posts for a long time, but that's caused by AAC. The problems I think are mine is slow loading and the need to reload good looking pages before the buttons work properly.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
FWIW, I am not having any of those issues with FF v54.0.1 Win7-64 Pro. AAC pages load OK and I get the indicator that 'New Messages have been posted..' while editing. Virus scan is Norton Internet Security. I use the AAC blue pages as a test to see how the internet is working for me as they usually load very quickly.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
After trying to load AAC five times across 3 minutes, I switched to Avast Safe Zone, and here I am.
FF 52.2.1 (32 bit) finally came up, and I'm going to use that because it has all my shortcuts.

After FF finally responds, it works pretty well, but that first page and logon can take 5 minutes.:mad:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I had a slow load problem this afternoon (ok now). From what I read, ajax.googleapis can be a bottleneck. Even Apple users have reported this.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's Firefox. They have improved it to death.:(
I'm going to see about backing up to January on the Firefox version.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It's Firefox. They have improved it to death.:(
I'm going to see about backing up to January on the Firefox version.
That's my thinking too. It's not all sites or forums but just some. Thinking there is a head butting with FF and something in the effected sites. But beyond my fixing. FF usually puts in a fix shortly after an update but not this time.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
A while back Firefox started acting slow for me. It was launching several threads (tasks) with each one taking up memory. My laptop has a small amount of memory (by todays standards) so this was a problem.

I found on the Web how to tell FF not to launch more than one task. I tried it and it seemed to help. Unfortunately, I can't find the information I used to do this fix. :(

FF does seem to be running slow for me lately but I think I still have the extra taks disabled. I running version 54.0.1 (32 bit) right now. I think it was an update from just a few days ago.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My laptop has a small amount of memory (by todays standards) so this was a problem.
I just got a coupon for a free Lappy, any brand, up to $1000. :)
Now I have to go figure out which brand and O.S. I want.:(
Dontcha wish you had the same problem?:D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I dialed Firefox back to version 50.0.2 from Dec. 2016
No help. It still takes 2 or 3 minutes to log-on to AAC.
Avast Safe Zone works well enough, but Avast doesn't have any method to snatch all my bookmarks from Firefox.
Maybe the new Lappy will be able to function with Firefox, but I want this Vista machine to work, too.
Reality keeps intruding in my life.:mad:
I guess I'll start moving my bookmarks to Avast, one by one.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
May be wrong on this but don't think it is an 'operating system' thing. I'm using Win 10 and it's affecting me. I also use Norton for my safety program.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
After doing nothing to correct the problem, I am getting into AAC with one click and a site I haven't seen for 17 days is working perfectly. Youtube has been taking up to 200 clicks to get a 10 minute video to play in 1 or 2 second bursts. Their message about interruptions tells me to blame myself, my equipment, and my service provider, but Youtube magically got fixed today and videos play completely through with no prompting.

Whatever the problem was, it magically disappeared.:)

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You must have done something in the past to annoy your computer and it's been sulking, but has finally forgiven you. It's not named Hal, by any chance?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@jrap
I also notice that loading pages can take very long.
In my browser I can see the activity.
It says "busy loading from connect.facebook.net" or "busy loading from www.facebook.com" when the loading takes long.
I also sometimes see "waiting for forum.allaboutcircuits.com"

Bertus