MPU9250 and HMC5883L sensor fusion

justrandomnickname

Joined Apr 28, 2021
Hi. I’m working on a robot project and I need to get gyro, accelerometer data from MPU9250 and magnetometer data from HMC5883L then combine them. I will use arduino as a platform. Is it possible to do it? I have never used these sensors before. What are your advices for this project?

justrandomnickname

Joined Apr 28, 2021
Welcome to AAC!
What do you mean by "combine them"?
MPU-9250 contains:
  • an accelerometer which knows which way is down
  • a gyro which knows how much each axis has rotated
  • and a magnetometer that knows which direction is North. If we feed all of this information into a “quaternion” we can calculate our pitch, roll and compass-heading. I want to get gyro and accel. data from MPU9250 and magnetometer data from HMC5883L

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
MPU-9250 contains:
  • an accelerometer which knows which way is down
  • a gyro which knows how much each axis has rotated
  • and a magnetometer that knows which direction is North. If we feed all of this information into a “quaternion” we can calculate our pitch, roll and compass-heading. I want to get gyro and accel. data from MPU9250 and magnetometer data from HMC5883L
You want to do what with the data? Please explain your application, not a tiny disconnected part of it. There is no way to help you because you aren’t saying anything beyond that you have some pieces and you want to do ”something”.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Last edited by a moderator:

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
What kind of system bandwidth do you need?
Samples-per-second?

An Arduino is not a very powerful CPU, if you need to do a lot of number crunching, it might be the wrong choice.