MPPT under Partial Shading Condition

Freshie19

Joined Oct 22, 2019
Hi all,

I'm quite new in MPPT power electronics. Currently I'm working under partial shading condition. I tried to run PSO algorithm to track MPP under partial shading. What I observed is that to get maximum power under PSC I need to adjust the Rload. Is that right? Is this means impedance matching, need to adjust the Rload to get GMPP under PSC.

Second question, for each new pattern of PSC the Rload needed to be adjusted?meaning no fixed load.

Any doing on this,please enlighten me.

Thanks.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The load is controlled by regulating the MPPT output current.
So, if the output is charging a battery, then you adjust the charge current to get the load power you need for maximum solar panel efficiency.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi all,

I'm quite new in MPPT power electronics. Currently I'm working under partial shading condition. I tried to run PSO algorithm to track MPP under partial shading. What I observed is that to get maximum power under PSC I need to adjust the Rload. Is that right? Is this means impedance matching, need to adjust the Rload to get GMPP under PSC.

Second question, for each new pattern of PSC the Rload needed to be adjusted?meaning no fixed load.

Any doing on this,please enlighten me.

Thanks.

If you want more people to answer you, Don't use Acronyms use English !