Movies that make you smile?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Just watched Storks with my daughter ... I doubt that there were any 30 seconds in a row in which I wasn't laughing... It's amazing how far animation has gone... capturing the actor's body and facial expressions

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Just watched Storks with my daughter ... I doubt that there were any 30 seconds in a row in which I wasn't laughing... It's amazing how far animation has gone... capturing the actor's body and facial expressions

I think one day we won't need actors at all (oh to dream, no more idiots giving their political views at awards time). Facial expression, subtle movements, voice inflection will all be programmed in. Soon after that AI will do all of that hard work. Graphics will be so good you won't know the difference between a real actor and an animated one. It is frightening how close they are now.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I think one day we won't need actors at all (oh to dream, no more idiots giving their political views at awards time). Facial expression, subtle movements, voice inflection will all be programmed in. Soon after that AI will do all of that hard work. Graphics will be so good you won't know the difference between a real actor and an animated one. It is frightening how close they are now.
Yeah, imagine the perfect movie... created entirely by AI, and watched solely by a hoard of robotic spectators :confused:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think one day we won't need actors at all (oh to dream, no more idiots giving their political views at awards time).
Unfortunately we will still have the writers putting in their biased and painfully uneducated views and crap into the story lines. :(

As far as movies for me, Deadpool was my 2016 top! :D

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Yeah, imagine the perfect movie... created entirely by AI, and watched solely by a hoard of robotic spectators :confused:
I want to see these AI actors do interviews with simulated talks how hosts to plug their upcoming movies.

Think of the viewership records that are possible with all the idle computing capacity and object-oriented programming to create instances of "audience" on e dry PC, smart phone, or CPU-equipped appliance (thermostat, light switch, dvr, cable box, refrigerator, toaster...).

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I want to see these AI actors do interviews with simulated talks how hosts to plug their upcoming movies.

Think of the viewership records that are possible with all the idle computing capacity and object-oriented programming to create instances of "audience" on e dry PC, smart phone, or CPU-equipped appliance (thermostat, light switch, dvr, cable box, refrigerator, toaster...).
Funny... I'd like to read a toaster authored review of a movie acted and produced by appliances connected to the IOT .... :D

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Not a movie, but...

...I've been binge watching Cheers! the last few weeks (I'm up to season 6). The difference in humor between the 80s and today is striking.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I was given a link to a site where pictures can be watched for free. First time in life I watch anything coming through the Web.

First, which I never was able before, was Fargo. Enjoyed the black humor. The police woman is superb.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I did!

Pity it was way too light on the math part of the subject. The human conflict was well shown.
I have a interest in history and particularly the British Raj.
Who would have guessed it came about by the overnight rise in the price of Pepper!

I was given a link to a site where pictures can be watched for free. First time in life I watch anything coming through the Web.

First, which I never was able before, was Fargo. Enjoyed the black humor. The police woman is superb.
I am using a web based Android box, if you can get Kodi, it is the source for many different sites for movies, shows, sports etc, from all over the world.
Including all the latest 2017 films and shows.
Max.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Just watched a fairly good one, based on a true story, 'The Man Who New Infinity'. 2016.
Dev Patel and Jeremy Irons.
Max.
I watched the Trailer, this guy said god gave him the formulas. Things like this blow my mind, everything I learn takes so much time and he just pulls it from thin air.

kv:(