Motor driver control

thuvk

Joined Mar 11, 2024
Hello, I'm currently looking for a motor driver to control a motor powered by a 10.95 volt 23Wh battery. I need a motor driver that can connect to the arduino for forward and backward movement. What is the best motor driver I can use for this motor. I have tried the l298N driver and it's not able to handle the power. It is also a dual motor and I just need to control the one motor.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
What are all of the Specifications of your Motor ?

What type of Mechanical-Load is on the Motor ?

Is Your Motor driving a Gear-Box of some sort ?

Have You measured the Motor's Peak-Current under Full-Load and/or Start-Up-Conditions ?

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
What is your intended use of the Motor ?

~5 to ~10 pounds doesn't say very much about how the Motor will be Loaded under realistic-conditions.

Will You be using the Battery that came with the Scooter ?, or some other Battery ?

Your Motor could easily pull ~30-Amps from the Battery on start-up.

thuvk

Joined Mar 11, 2024
I would like to use the same battery yes. My project involves a cart that weigh about 10 pounds that will glide from one end to the other powered by this motor. The cart already has wheels. I would like the motor to move from a button push and when it reaches the other end the second button push would direct it the other way.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
This can easily be done with 2 Relays and 2 Limit-Switches.

Adding a Micro-Controller complicates things immensely.

If You need to control the acceleration and/or speed of the device,
a Voltage/Current-Limiting-Circuit could be added to the Relays and Limit-Switches.

"" How were you able to tell that this motor can pull 30 amps? ""
Fat-Wires, plus the fact that it is designed to move a ~200-pound person.
This is not a trivial-task Electrically.
That's why the original Controller burned-up.
The Components required to control that level of Power are generally not cheap,
but the manufacturer wants to build the device as cheaply as possible to make more profit.