Motor Control Board Horizon Treadmill T30 - 013674-DG

msy88

Joined Jul 1, 2017
Our Horizon T30 treadmill doesn't work anymore. At a ~3mph setting (according to the upper control panel which works fine), the motor either doesn't move, jitters, moves at a very slow pace (much less than 3mph), or runs very fast. As you can imagine the voltage on the DC output from the MCB (013674-DG) is all over the place.
Any suggestions on where to start a repair attempt? I don't have a diagram for this board.
I'd also be interested if someone is willing to repair it for a reasonable fee? I saw that someone was offering this a few years ago on a thread about the same board.
Thanks!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hmm ! I was hoping to find a VR of some sort.

What is the feed back component.
Look for anything mounted on the motor like a optical encoder or look for anything mounted near the belt pulley

If in doubt show me a picture of the whole area, may be I can point it out so we can test it and rule it out

IamJatinah

Joined Oct 22, 2014
Hmm ! I was hoping to find a VR of some sort.

What is the feed back component.
Look for anything mounted on the motor like a optical encoder or look for anything mounted near the belt pulley

If in doubt show me a picture of the whole area, may be I can point it out so we can test it and rule it out
Hi There, This is the replacement Quantum controller and yes we still repair these, you can contact me at jatinahATrocketmailDOTcom if needed. This sounds like a speed sensor issue possible for the unit to try to speed up past 3 when set to 3mph. This board also has a spot for a second input filter capacitor that was costed-down a few years ago, but "does need" that capacitance to run well!! There are a few things to consider on this failure. A). a failing SCR firing circuit can cause low "Vbulk+" for that motor rail which will give this very kind of issue, where the unit will run at times and not at others. B). failing speed sensor that does give a lower resistance across the reed switch but not a hard enough (lazy reed) short when the reeds touch to pull the signal to near zero volts. This is very hard to troubleshoot without another sensor handy. This happens with Cybex 425t and other units as well. C). Motor brush issues causing intermittent drive currents can cause this. D). Upper console board failing to send a correct speed command stable enough for the controller(a bit rare but possible). E). Sticky/Tacky belt-deck situation will cause this as well. We may have an exchange around if interested which you could install and return the core for refurb. Good Luck!