Motherboard Issue

SeXde

Joined Jun 29, 2019
Hi guys, I have a problem with my motherboard.

When i try to switch on my laptop it does nothing so i have disassembled the laptop to find any problem with the components and i found this transistor bellow.

I don´t have a polymer rigth now so i can´t mesure the voltage of the transistor to confirm the existence of a short circuit .

I have studied IT degrees but i don´t have any type of knowledge about electronics so i am sorry if i am missing a basic thing inside this problem.

Thanks to everyone, have a nice day.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys, I have a problem with my motherboard.

When i try to switch on my laptop it does nothing so i have disassembled the laptop to find any problem with the components and i found this transistor bellow.

I don´t have a polymer rigth now so i can´t mesure the voltage of the transistor to confirm the existence of a short circuit .

I have studied IT degrees but i don´t have any type of knowledge about electronics so i am sorry if i am missing a basic thing inside this problem.

Thanks to everyone, have a nice day.
If you don't have any knowledge of electronics, your laptop is probably not the right place to start learning - if you value your laptop. I suggest that you let someone with the necessary knowledge fix it. If you really want to learn about electronics, try experimenting with some inexpensive components using the internet for free tuition.
Good luck.

SeXde

Joined Jun 29, 2019
If you don't have any knowledge of electronics, your laptop is probably not the right place to start learning - if you value your laptop. I suggest that you let someone with the necessary knowledge fix it. If you really want to learn about electronics, try experimenting with some inexpensive components using the internet for free tuition.
Good luck.
Thanks for your answer Keith i though that it would be easier to fix that issue.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Im not sure what your question is?
Your pc wont power on.
You found some transistor.
You dont know electronics.
What is your question?

I disagree with the above poster. The best place to start with learning electronics is on broken electronics. Does not matter much what it is if you ask me but you can not do it with out a few basic tools. PC's are not the eiaiest things to fix this is true and you most likely will not fix it but the basic process is simular and if your serious about learning you will learn a lot. If you only care about fixing this because its broken then just send it out to a professional.

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
Is the missing PU803 the real problem?

Around PU803 I can immediately count seven free spaces for passive components.

The PU803's terminals, and especially the exposed pad, have apparently never been soldered to any package.