MOSFET LT 158G

tonydix

Joined May 4, 2010
I am trying to repair a WAGAN Inverter 1000watts. This mosfet had failed showing low resistance between gate and source and gate and drain. I am trying to find a replacement. Googling LT 158G does not bring up and relevant results. The chip datasheet sites can find LT 1580 etc but these dont seem relevant either !! What should I do now ? Thanks Tony

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I am trying to repair a WAGAN Inverter 1000watts. This mosfet had failed showing low resistance between gate and source and gate and drain. I am trying to find a replacement. Googling LT 158G does not bring up and relevant results. The chip datasheet sites can find LT 1580 etc but these dont seem relevant either !! What should I do now ? Thanks Tony
Normally the LT prefix is associated with the "Linear Technology" brand, they manufacture mosfet drivers, among many other things, though I'm not sure if they manufacture actual mosfets... you'd have to check and see at http://www.linear.com

Is it possible that the "G" is simply an obscured "0"? Can you look more closely at the component markings under a magnifier or a scope? It wouldn't be the first time that a character got smeared or scratched...

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
How many of the power devices have this part number on them?

Also, what are the part numbers of the other power devices?

Post a photo??

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
OK
I have not come up with any info on the LT158G part number. So, I think it is a custom part number, which will never be found. So, based on the inverter specifications and the number of parts in the bank, I think a reasonable equivalent is an IRF740A. I have a 1000 watt Xantrex inverter that I fried and repaired. It used IRF1404 on the 12 volt side and IRF 740A or IRF640A on the 120 Volt side. (The 740A is a higher voltage part than the 640A). The Mosfets are probably in paralleled sets, so replace both Mosfets in the set.

Good luck