Monostable,bistable , dual input, flip-flop

John.P.Clegg

Joined Jan 20, 2020
Dear All
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to this , but have a background in tinkering with electrics/electronics/electro mechanical etc.etc.
My problem is , I am about to install central locking in my 1958 Morris Minor , a feat in itself , but would like to fit a discreet indicator , probably a bi-colour LED ? , to show locked/unlocked.....looking probably for low cost ready build unit from China via Fleabay ,but I don't know what it's called ??

clocking.jpg
Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Many Thanks
John

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
You need to latch the lock unlock state.
When the lock/unlock state changes (I guess) you need to send whatever the locks need, probably for a timed period or, if they limit switches this need not be timed.
We need details of the lock requirements.

John.P.Clegg

Joined Jan 20, 2020
You need to latch the lock unlock state.
When the lock/unlock state changes (I guess) you need to send whatever the locks need, probably for a timed period or, if they limit switches this need not be timed.
We need details of the lock requirements.
Many thanks , the lock/unlock pulses are 0.5secs , at the moment , but can be altered..

John ;-)

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
And finally, how much current does the lock need?

Your diagram shows three LEDs but the description mentions only a bi-colour LED.

John.P.Clegg

Joined Jan 20, 2020
And finally, how much current does the lock need?

Your diagram shows three LEDs but the description mentions only a bi-colour LED.
I don't think it matters how much current the lock needs , the remote switching and locking system are in hand , all I need to do is sense the lock/unlock pulses and set one or the other red/green mini lamps or the bi-colour led as an indication of the lock/unlock state.

John ;-)