Mod 60 counter advanced incorrectly

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
I built two identical modulus 60 counters and the first one clocks correctly but the second one clocks from 0 to 59 then 60 instead of 59 then 00. The second counter is connected to the output of a diode or gate whose inputs goes to the preset and reset of the first mod 60 counter of the cd4510. I'm wondering if I have to create an RC delay to the clock input of the cd4510 so that the AND gate on the bottom of the schematic can have enough time of the clock pulse to trigger the reset at 60 of both cd4510 to 00 as drawn in my schematic.
Diode OR gate.png

Attachments

Arjune

Joined Jan 6, 2018
When I put a 10K resistor from the output of the OR gate to the input of the second counter it does not work. Could the clock input of the second modulo 60 be shorted? I put a .0005 uf capacitor from the clock input of the second mod 60 to ground and it worked but when I reverse the count of the first modular 60 counter the Second modular 60 counter would not go from 59 to 00 but to 60. I am thinking that the preset enable pulse from the first modular 60 counter is too short to operate the second modular 60 counter. Any thoughts or questions would be highly appreciated. I forgot to mention that the outputs of the cd4510 are not going to LEDs but to cd4511 decoders and displays