Missing pages in textbooks

Andrew Stallard

Joined Feb 24, 2007
In Volume 3 Chapter 2 of your online textbook this page dealing with band gap theory is missing. The only thing listed is a line called "Review" and a blank list of bullets. Missing content seems to be a problem in these pages as well.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_2/5.html

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_2/6.html

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_3/5.html

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_3/6.html

Does anybody else have problems accessing these pages--and others--or is the problem on my end?

Thank You for Responding:

Andrew Stallard

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Andrew,

You are correct the pages you point out are indeed missing because as of today they have not been written. Please can I draw your attention to the AAC homepage:

This site provides a series of online textbooks covering electricity and electronics. The information provided is great for both students and hobbyists who are looking to expand their knowledge in this field. Please keep in mind that the textbooks are not 100% complete. They are a continuous piece of work, and thus will continually be updated.
So the sections you refer to will be updated accordingly in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience and please check back in the future and hopefully the necessary sections will be updated.

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
The incomplete chapter 2 is almost done, probably another two weeks. However, the other incomplete chapters in the Semiconductors Volume 3 will probably take another year or two.

My original plan was to release the whole Vol 3 when it was complete. However, if AAC wants to accomodate updates by chapter as chapters are updated that is OK with me.

Regardless of when/how you want to update, a seperate issue is that I could use help in proofreading the chapters as they are completed. I should be able to post the complete html/pdf chapters for download at ibiblio, or somewhere else. And, list the links at AAC.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
If you will post a link to the new material when it is ready, I will be more than happy to assist with proofreading it and supply comments.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
My original plan was to release the whole Vol 3 when it was complete. However, if AAC wants to accomodate updates by chapter as chapters are updated that is OK with me.

Regardless of when/how you want to update, a seperate issue is that I could use help in proofreading the chapters as they are completed. I should be able to post the complete html/pdf chapters for download at ibiblio, or somewhere else. And, list the links at AAC.
Hi Dcrunkilton,

I think it would be best for AAC to update on a chapter-by-chapter basis, rather than on a volume-by-volume basis since this would mean the book is as up to date as possible.

As for proof reading, I too would be happy to look through any chapters that you may have before we commit them to the e-book. I would recommend that you start a thread in the Comments, Feedback and Suggestions forum for each chapter with a download link. From there members here can download the working copy work through it and make appropriate suggestions and corrections. This way we keep it simple and we are not left with a discussion of corrections on several chapters in one thread.

Dave

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Dave,

I will start new threads for the first two chapters in a week with links to the preliminary ch1 and ch2 texts. After feed back and correction. I will make the corrected chapters available per your request.

Related to being up to date:

You appear to be missing the "AC motors" chapter between the "AC metering" and "Transmission lines" chapters. This was a new chapter.

Also, the text based spice plots through out the AC Vol 2 were replaced with Nutmeg graphic plots which look nicer. 1) This affects many of the chapters. 2) The AC volume is probably the only volume which is complete. These two factors might be reason to update the whole AC volume at AAC.

D Crunkilton

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Dave,

I will start new threads for the first two chapters in a week with links to the preliminary ch1 and ch2 texts. After feed back and correction. I will make the corrected chapters available per your request.

Related to being up to date:

You appear to be missing the "AC motors" chapter between the "AC metering" and "Transmission lines" chapters. This was a new chapter.

Also, the text based spice plots through out the AC Vol 2 were replaced with Nutmeg graphic plots which look nicer. 1) This affects many of the chapters. 2) The AC volume is probably the only volume which is complete. These two factors might be reason to update the whole AC volume at AAC.

D Crunkilton
Thanks Dcrunkilton, I have flagged the issue of the AC Motors chapter with Rob and will endeavour to have the e-book up to date.

I look forward to the new chapters and helping with the proof reading.

Dave