Mini surface mount LED's 1mm x 1.5mm (on Raspberry Pi board)

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
I'm trying to get as much information on tiny LED's. I'm looking for some of the tiniest ones available like those on the raspberry pi boards (there are 5 near the USB plug which are for ACT, PWR, FDX, LNK and 100/10 indicator) These are surface mount and measure about 1mm x 1.5mm for the entire package. I think this may be 2-4 color LED's but I don't necessarily need 4 color (that's fine though). These types of LED's also appear on things like LCD monitors for the power/control button light indicators (along bottom or side of monitor) and on things like DVD roms to show status (blinking lights).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what these are called/designated? I'm also interested in anything SM LED related and would like to know more about them for a few projects.

Anyone know what these are?

RogueRose

Joined Oct 10, 2014
Just google SMD LED or Tricolour SMD LED.
Thanks for the suggestion. Believe it or not, that was the first thing I did and checked those sites. They show some small LED's but there weren't anything near the size of the one's on the Rasp Pi (most were 4-16x larger in total area on those sites.

I did some looking through pages and pages on Ebay before I came across something that looked similar and found something similar. They are 0402 led's (didn't really know how the name/sizing scheme for SMD's worked before). It seems that I'm looking for 0603 and 0402 for my application.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Just go to digikey.. type led in the search box.. select led indication discrete and then use the selection filters to find what you want..
They have all you need there..

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
CITIZEN, CL-824-MU1WW1-T, Tiny SMD Cool White, 2.8 - 3.5 V@ 20 mA, 1.6 X .8 mm.
On Electronic Goldmine, G20862, 100 for$ 8.00