Mind control with electromagnetic induction

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
I know this sounds dumb, but is it possible to control the neurons in someone's brain by inducing an electric signal between their neurons? Here is what I am thinking. Neurons communicate with electrical signals (and also neurotransmitters). The signals are a few millivolts AC. So, hypothetically, could you induce an electromagnetic field that the receptors think is a neuron firing, and then respond to it? It would be interesting to see what some real neuroscientists think about this.

Also, I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything. Just wondering, hypothetically, what is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You would probably be better off searching the internet for a forum devoted to neuroscience. I'm sure there are several.

From a very naïve perspective, I would say that, conceptually, it is reasonable to think that you could get the brain to respond to an external electromagnetic signal. But I think it would be effectively impossible to achieve any kind of predictable or anything other than a chaotic response. Think of doing something similar with a computer -- yes, you can get an integrate circuit to respond to an external RF signal (we generally call it "interference"), but getting it to respond in a way that you want is all-but impossible. For instance, electromagnetically inducing a particular value on a data bus would require such fine control over the fields that it would be prohibitively complex. New figure that the scope and scale of a brain are far more vast and fine, respectively.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Or you could use it as a weapon, hypothetically, to at least induce a seizure or something, right?
It's was tested by the US and the Soviets during the cold-war. Not very effective on a motivated person. Psychoactive drugs like LSD or variants would be more effective in a disable the general population attack.

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
So nobody was interested in my proposals ....
(A proposal to find a research group to work with, to use our "energy" to do something useful)
They had little to do with the initial discussion.

But I felt that this desire to study should be used for something useful............
Right, I changed the direction of the discussion to get it to something useful ......

That's why I deleted my replies, in order not to break the normal flow of the discussion.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The first thing that always comes to my mind when I see something like this is why should we accept at face value that this person actually received these documents from the government as claimed?
I'm thinking troll from the FOIA agency.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The first thing that always comes to my mind when I see something like this is why should we accept at face value that this person actually received these documents from the government as claimed?
o_O well... hellloooooo! ... if the government either denies it or has no comment then it must be true! :D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009