Microsoft Lost the Battle and the War

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You did not go deep enough. IE will still be with us for the forseeable future under a new name, too bad we won't get new management with the new name.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Your're right. I was too overcome with glee. Perhaps I should quote Shakespeare, but everyone knows how R&J turned out.

Now, if I were from Greece, I would be offended. But, that won't change things.

John

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I've never really noticed much difference between IE and other web browsers. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I used Google Chrome for a good several months but switched back to IE because the latest news appears in the homepage.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I've never really noticed much difference between IE and other web browsers.
Wow, you're lucky, I don't think that opinion is widely shared. I can only speak for myself as a Safari user on my Mac, but the difference for me has always been huge.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I live in the UK. Since this BT Infinity fibre optic system has come into play the difference to me comes across as insignificant. A few tenths of a second slower and people are moaning, what's that all about?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Did anyone see where Microsoft, later this summer, is going to give FREE upgrades to windows 10, from any existing windows OS, whether LICENSED or NOT?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Did anyone see where Microsoft, later this summer, is going to give FREE upgrades to windows 10, from any existing windows OS, whether LICENSED or NOT?
No, did you see it? From a rumor ongoing website or from a Microsoft press release or offer?

Here is the current message on Microsoft's website. Looks much more limited than your claim.

image.jpg

In which fantasy did that happen?
That's what I want to know.

Hard to believe, isn't it?
Hard to understand the reason for undocumented claims.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I used Google Chrome for a good several months but switched back to IE because the latest news appears in the homepage.
Pretty easy to set GC open to a specific default page or pages. Just get familiar with the settings and the functions found in the little three grey bar customizing tab at the top right of your screen. ;)

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Remotely on this subject, is Google Chrome actually any better than plain Google?
Google.com is a website.. Chrome is a website browser (software program) offered by the company Google..
Microsoft.com is a website.. Internet Explorer is the browser offered by the company Microsoft..
Totally different things..