Is it possible to write a Python program that can add shorcuts to the shortcut menu on Microsoft Word?

SeanV123

Joined Nov 12, 2020
I am working on a project for my office/colleagues. When using microsoft words to make documents, we find it very annoying and tedious when we need to use scientific symbols (ohm, mu, rho etc.) as we have to go to the "insert" ribbon, find the symbol in the large array and then select it. I know that I can make a shortcut for each symbol, which is what I have done. But now, I would like to write a python script that when run, assigns all these symbols to a keyboard shortcut and then I could make a "shortcut cheat sheet" that I can give to my colleagues.
Does anyone know how I could go about making said script? Youtube tutorials, online resources etc.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions if anything is unclear.
Seán

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Another option is to have a small .txt file on your desktop containing just the special characters you want. Copy and paste characters from that when required.

SeanV123

Joined Nov 12, 2020
Another option is to have a small .txt file on your desktop containing just the special characters you want. Copy and paste characters from that when required.
Yes, but I'd like it to be autonomous. Thanks for the suggestion, Alex!