Microsoft collect personal information using win10

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have a HP lap top with Win10, If I don't use it for a week or two, it goes off and says 'Win10 Updating' takes about an hour sometimes!
My main PC has XP which I will stick with as long as I can, Win10, Talk about a retro-grade system!
Max.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
You are 100% correct.
I moved a long time ago to Linux but, sometimes forced to win7 (for MS visual C, VB and FTDI vinculum).
Picbuster
Ps: MPlab x ide works perfect under Linux.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
When hardware fails and needs to be replaced reinstall win7 is very difficult and time consuming.
I had this problem hardware died had to replace no way to get winxp/win7 to work. ( use several hdd's wit Linux, win and image copies to test before live installation the 3th party software.)
The Linux however; I put the cassette in powered it up and after 10 sec up and all applications running while the MS cassettes need a full install of win plus all applications. Pufffff.
We should all move to Linux and make a fist or finger to MS.

We must be able to define how our system works and what information is taken out by MS/ 3th parties.
Why do I have to accept cookies? Yes, I can switch them of but they still arrive via my internet connection.
Calculate the total amount of cookies over internet and the bandwidth used. Be aware that you pay, maybe invisible, for that bandwidth.
In other words we pay to get hammered with advertisement we do not want. ( who is the donkey?)
Picbuster

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
It's not just Win10. In this day and age just about everything is harvesting personal information; every search engine and social networking site does. Probably your smart TV or set-top box, and anything else connected to the Internet does too.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
They are all collecting information.

I dont care just do my things, besides, not keeping anything on my accounts NSFW.

When I could not publish it to a social network then I can not have it,

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
The PC where I am working right now, is a very old (thus slow one) still running XP SP3. No matter what site I browse, I can read in the left bottom corner the names of those it keeps waiting to connect (tens of them with the number one, Google analytics IIRC the name).

My main PC has XP which I will stick with as long as I can, Win10, Talk about a retro-grade system! Max.
Not one, but two here.

BTW, when I started this PC this morning, I was warned that there were updates for it! :p :D

Few days ago I was warned that support would end, IIRC, on April 2014. Took due note of it. Again :p :D

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
It's not just Win10. In this day and age just about everything is harvesting personal information; every search engine and social networking site does. Probably your smart TV or set-top box, and anything else connected to the Internet does too.
Whenever I bought lately any home appliances, clerks asked for an email, phone and address. I keep giving the same email where all the garbage has been arriving to in the last 12 years. The last time, when asked about my landline (which I have not) the clerk entered a fake one to keep the system happy so it could print the invoice.

Wondering if I could create an email address consisting of a short but harsh sequence of selected curses. A variation could be a long absurd sequence of characters and numbers that I would need to carry in my wallet for him to copy.