Microcontroller with I/Os for simulation

ajeesh.tr

Joined Sep 25, 2017
I am new to microcontroller , I have requirement where I need
16 - Analog Output (0 - 5 VDC)
16- Digital Output (0V/24 VDC)
16- Digital Input (0V/24 VAC)
2- Analog Input (0 - 20mA)
Please let me know is it feasible to use any microcontroller , I need this for simulation purpose .
It would be helpfull if somebody can suggest how do I go about it

mtonge

Joined Apr 19, 2016
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) are digital devices. The Atmel AVRs are a good example. The Arduino Uno development platform could be a good place to start, but the requirements of your simulation may exceed the resources provided by that board alone.

ajeesh.tr

Joined Sep 25, 2017
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) are digital devices. The Atmel AVRs are a good example. The Arduino Uno development platform could be a good place to start, but the requirements of your simulation may exceed the resources provided by that board alone.
Could you please suggest me how to increase the number of IOs using the Arduino Uno board ??

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Could you please suggest me how to increase the number of IOs using the Arduino Uno board ??

People in the United States have a saying "You can't get blood out of a stone".

In other words you want to do the impossible.

The Uno only has so many IO ports. You will need multiple Unos or select another device.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Please let me know is it feasible to use any microcontroller.
No. MCUs operate at low-voltage DC. You cannot get 24VDC out. And no MCU that I am aware of will directly accept 24VAC as an input. Additionally, while PWM can simulate 0-5VDC analog, there aren't many (are there any?) with 16 channels out. Finally, 0-20mA requires conversion prior to presentation to an MCU.

You need a "system level" board. This is a PCB with an MCU and whatever associated hardware/software is required to meet your specification.