Microcontroller simulation in ltspice

moonlystar1111

Joined Feb 1, 2024
Is it possible to simulate microcontroller or arduino on ltspice.
If not, then is there a way to do so in ltspice .

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'd not, then is there a way to do so in ltspice .
Are you sure you typed what you think you typed.

You are basically asking, "Is it possible to do X and, if not, is there a way to do X?"

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If not, then is there a way to do so in ltspice .
I didn't even notice the "I'd" vs "If" typo.

So I have the same question for you.

If the answer is that, no, it is not possible to simulate a microcontroller or arduino on LTSpice, then how can there be a way to do so in LTSpice, if the answer is that it's not possible?

As for whether it's possible... in theory, yes, but I rather doubt it in practice. LTSpice is not really intended for doing digital simulation and, AFAIK, only has a pretty rudimentary ability to do digital behavioral modeling. Trying to simulate all but very small digital circuits with an analog simulator will quickly bring them to their knees because of the sheer number of transistors involved. It's possible that someone has put together a behavioral model of a microcontroller that LTSpice can work with, but I would think the odds are against it unless it is highly simplified.

moonlystar1111

Joined Feb 1, 2024
I didn't even notice the "I'd" vs "If" typo.

So I have the same question for you.

If the answer is that, no, it is not possible to simulate a microcontroller or arduino on LTSpice, then how can there be a way to do so in LTSpice, if the answer is that it's not possible?

As for whether it's possible... in theory, yes, but I rather doubt it in practice. LTSpice is not really intended for doing digital simulation and, AFAIK, only has a pretty rudimentary ability to do digital behavioral modeling. Trying to simulate all but very small digital circuits with an analog simulator will quickly bring them to their knees because of the sheer number of transistors involved. It's possible that someone has put together a behavioral model of a microcontroller that LTSpice can work with, but I would think the odds are against it unless it is highly simplified.
Oh okay. Got your point.