Meanwell psc-60-a or equivalent circuit

daman

Joined Jun 14, 2012
Any chance somebody reverse-engineered meanwell psc-60-a power supply (or does somebody know a circuit that's equivalent to this PS)?
i need something exactly like that but I need it on my board (as opposed to a separate board/PS)...

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
At 25 dollars or so, you should modify the output connection to allow you to mount it perpendicular on your board.
Do you also need it's battery charger feature?

daman

Joined Jun 14, 2012
Yep - exactly this one (A version which is 12V)... And yes - I need charger feature (which is really nice in this particular model as it has all the bells and whistles I need). I asked MW if they can provide the circuit but a nice lady in China told me I need to contact my local distributor ;)))

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Is there room for you to mount the board vertically, or piggy back it on standoffs above your board? Building your own will be many times more expensive in terms or parts and time, and switching supplies are very sensitive to layout, if you copy the circuit but change the layout even slightly, you may have big problems getting it to work.
If you look at that meanwell spec sheet, you will notice that, if you order the part number without the -C extension you get an empty circuit board. Perhaps that will let you copy the layout onto your own board....
You might find that this little PCB is multi layered and would grow into a very large nightmare of placement problems when you try to configure it as only a double sided circuit board.