MC2100 treadmill motor control circuit

KingAether

Joined Jan 29, 2020
I'm hoping i can make it so it turns on when the motor turns on with the same switch.
Ill take a look in a little bit and see if either of those are free when using Al's little addon board

H0bby1

Joined Mar 24, 2020
Hello

Few day ago wanted to use my treadmill ( domyos tc270) and lost the safety key, which is out of stocks, tried with magnet but didnt work.

Tried to unmount the board and bypass the contact which about worked exept it didnt hold while running.

Did it a 2nd time but i think i made a short circuit.

20200326_164029.jpg

Only the two wire were supposed to touch and the other one was ground so did a short circuit.

The console still works, put a multi meter to mesure the pwm output of the console board which seem to emit power that increase with the speed, but the led wont blink and motor doesnt run, inclination works.

I tried to test components on the mc2100e rev D board, seems diodes d5 to d8 are dead. They are 4 diodes next to the big capacitor. Everything else i could test with the multimeter seems to work.
20200326_164017.jpg

Saw the reverse engineered diagramme, cant see diodes d5/d6 but d8 is shown as 1n474 tried to look on electronics resseller but there are many models.

On the diodes it shows "WTEGS1A" which seems to fit with a diode but im not 100% sure of the reference.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The motor board is most likely not receiving a PWM pulse, otherwise the LED would normally blink slowly.
It sounds like a problem in the console end.
A guy I know who does house calls on T.M.s said it is a common problem he see's when someone attempts to work on the console electronics.
I would suspect the main board is OK.
Max.

H0bby1

Joined Mar 24, 2020
The motor board is most likely not receiving a PWM pulse, otherwise the LED would normally blink slowly.
It sounds like a problem in the console end.
A guy I know who does house calls on T.M.s said it is a common problem he see's when someone attempts to work on the console electronics.
I would suspect the main board is OK.
Max.
When i measure the current at the output of the rainbow wires with gnd and pwm on the console side it seems to output power which change with the speed. Everything else on the console seems to work.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Normally you can drive the motor with the HD2 (console) disconnected and just use a PWM signal, in to pin 4 of HD2 and using the two power pins, 1 &2., this is how users of T.M. motors use them for machine tools etc.
IOW as long as the board has power and the only other connection is the 3 HD2 pins, that is all that is needed.
So if you are getting the PWM and the LED is not flashing, there seems to be another issue.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
the PWM command comes from the processor in the console, the speed rate detector is sent back up to it also, but the processor on the motor board detects the PWM and flashes the LED accordingly, there is a Utube video out there that explains the different pulse rates.
So basically the motor board processor monitors the status of this board only.
So HD pin 4 is the only direct connection to this processor.
If you DO have PWM but the LED is not flashing then it almost points to the motor board issue.
Max.

gomerjs

Joined Dec 11, 2019
Continuing the repair of the MC2100E. After replacing the Q5 element, when the power was connected, the LD1 LED began to work. When the program starts, LD1 does not blink, is there no signal? LG6 LG5 no voltage to the motor. When you connect AC 220 power to the board, voltage appears on the LG6 LG5, the photo shows. What else to check? Help me please.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the processor is recieving a PWM pulse from the console, the LED should blink.
The pulse comes in on pin 4 of HD2.
Pin1 is GND, Pin2 is 15v-17v .
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Pin 1 to Pin 2 is not regulated so it can vary some, it is supplied from the small transformer and a bridge an electrolytic cap.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
From the various ones I have seen it can vary a bit due to different transformers and components used, if it is overloaded, the transformer and diodes would be getting hot.
There is one that uses an off board transformer that when rectified is 12vdc.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The signal from the console comes in on pin 4 of HD2, this is the fourth pin from the edge of the printed circuit board.
The signal should vary when you change the belt rate or speed of the belt walking speed.
Max..