Math Review Website?

jamers

Joined Jan 24, 2008
I am currently an impending community college graduate, due to start in third year of BEng next year.

Does anyone have a good website I may go to in order to review all or most topics of mathematics (with problems preferably) from quadratic equations to laplace transforms?

Thank you in advance.

RichardM

Joined Aug 4, 2008
Wikipedia, MathWorld, and SOS Mathematics are pretty good for theory and background material but I don't think you will find many problems there.

A suggestion: why not contact the school you are going to attend (or, ideally, the instructor of the particular course) and ask what textbook is used for the course. Then try to find the book in the library, purchase the book second-hand from the school book store, or purchase the book new from the school book store. (Math texts don't change much from year to year, so the risk of having the courses use a newer edition is not as great as it is in humanity courses. English Lit courses, in particular, are notorious for using different books and editions almost every year.)

That is what I did for a couple years. I knew what the texts were for next term's course, so I purchased the texts, read it and worked through the exercises over the Christmas or summer breaks, and found it really helped me out when the school term resumed. Since I already had some exposure to the material for that particular course, I didn't have to give it as much attention as I would have if it had been totally new and I could give a little more time to the other five courses.

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Does anyone have a good website I may go to in order to review all or most topics of mathematics (with problems preferably) from quadratic equations to laplace transforms?
If such a site existed, I SHOULD have already found it. Been searching for some time...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I am currently an impending community college graduate, due to start in third year of BEng next year.

Thank you in advance.
Books are probably more suitable if you want a combination of theory and examples. The Stroud and Kreyszig books are recommended (the latter is more advanced than the former).

Dave