Math Assignment, Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreipanait

Joined Oct 20, 2006
Hi, I've been sick over the last week (strep throat) and I just found out today that I have to hand in an assignment by 2pm. Ive completed all the problems but 4 which I dont know how to do. If someone could do them or help me do them asap i'd be forever grateful.
1)Is the following graph symmetric with respect to:
a)the x-axis b)the y-axis c)the origin
y=(x^2 - 4)/(2x^2)

2)Find the domain of
a)7Sqrt(x^3-1) ... it's the little 7 ontop of the sqrt, not 7 * sqrt
b)(2)/(x^2 + 6x + 9)
c)|x|+4

3)find the average rate of change of the f(x)= x^3 from 1 to 2x

4)if y=|x| then draw the following graph
a)y=|x+2|
b)y=|x| +4
c)y=|x+2| + 4
I realise that you won't be able to graph it in form of text so this is my e-mail european_footballstar@hotmail.com
Please show your work*
If anyone at all could help me I would really appreciate it and you'd be saving my life!! Desperate please help :(!

andreipanait

Joined Oct 20, 2006
Oh and if you are going to help me please tell me before you actually finish the questions just so I know and I keep checking back on the thread, thank you

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Dear Sir,

You've obviously mistaken us for servants at your beck and call. We are here to help you do your own work. We are not here to do it for you. If there is a question about how to go about solving a problem you should focus on that technique. Your textbook and class notes should contain much of the material that you need. In such a short timespan there is no way to learn and apply this material. Accept that this assignment will be less than your best and take steps to prevent it from happening again.

BTW the little seven above the square root symbol means the seventh root of the expression. It is equivalent to raising the expression to the fractional power (1/7) or one seventh. The trick here is that over the set of real numbers it is not possible to take the square root of a negative number and get a real number as the result. It is possible to take the nth root of a negative number if n is an odd number. So tell me is seven and odd number?

Status
Not open for further replies.