making thick and thin tracks wires in schematic/multisim

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Perhaps because your question is very specific for multisym. In Eagle (ver. 7.x), it is quite easy to do, but I don't really see the purpose:

1596194587034.png

If I wanted to show a high-current connection, I would use a label in the schematic. The important place to do it is in the board.

The net tool for drawing connections does not include a "width" selection. However once drawn, you can go into properties and change the width.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Several companies use line thickness to show information on a schematic. I have used thickness for current flow.
It is not commonly done.
I do not know Multisim. Look for line color, line properties, default settings, .....

ZCochran98

Joined Jul 24, 2018
From what I can tell (and I may be wrong), line widths in Multisim are a global property - you can change the widths of all the traces, but not individual ones.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The one quite useful reason that I have seen for drawing some connections wider is to show signal paths. That is useful for those hoping to trace down a problem in a circuit.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Any label will work. Many people try to duplicate functions with symbols. Symbols in a schematic are worthless. The only thing that counts are connections.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Any label will work. Many people try to duplicate functions with symbols. Symbols in a schematic are worthless. The only thing that counts are connections.
Text description notes in a schematic can be very valuable, and are generally better understood than assorted symbols.