Making a 60 mhz Ref

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I working on calibrating a oscilloscop.. I need a calibrated 60 Mhz and can this be made with basic parts and skills ???
Could you use a gps reference ???

Last edited:

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The german site box73.de has a kit to make an IQ-DDS generator:

IQ-DDS_generator.jpg

The SMD parts are already mounted.

Bertus

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Sorry I meant 60 Mhz and I am trying to output a sine or square wave to check the calibration of my Tek 2215.. The scopes max is 60 Mhz and it doesn't have to be 60Mhz but hopefully pretty close..

What kind of project do you plan to work on that will require such a precisely calibrated scope?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
What kind of project do you plan to work on that will require such a precisely calibrated scope?
I should probably explain myself a little clearer.. This scope turned on when I got it and never showed a signal when terminated cause the input resistors where shot.. After alot of help form the yahoo Tektronics group I figured a couple more issues and possible upgrades to the trigger system.. I just trying to make sure the scope is use able and somewhat calibrated ..

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I working on calibrating a oscilloscop.. I need a calibrated 60 Mhz and can this be made with basic parts and skills ???
Could you use a gps reference ???
Do you want to calibrate the time base, or the amplitude at that frequency? Note that the bandwidth is usually up to the -3dB point.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
You are better off verifying the bandwidth by using a squarewave. This will also show if there is overshoot or ringing in the vertical amp.

The relationship of bandwidth to risetime is 0.35/risetime. For example, a 10 MHz scope has a 35 ns risetime. The risetime of the squarewave must be much less than the risetime of the scope for this to be accurate.