Magnetic compass integrated in Digital Multimeter device.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi prashantakerkar,
It would make it easier for your fellow members to give helpful answers, if you asked specific questions, rather than making vague meaningless posts.

Moderation.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
What is that? o_O
Sounds like a project proposal for graduation.

Do flight engineers carry dmm on board? I know big helicopters have a crew of three: pilot, copilot, flight engineer. Flight engineer monitors the performance of the various onboard systems during flight. At least that is what I know.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
If I looked at specs for a DMM and it included a compass, I would ask why the designer burdened the cost of the instrument with a completely useless feature. It falls into the chocolate teapot category.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
If I looked at specs for a DMM and it included a compass, I would ask why the designer burdened the cost of the instrument with a completely useless feature. It falls into the chocolate teapot category.
If you look at some of the latest dmm coming out of China, literally last 2 or 3 years, they have so many features... it boggles the mind. Now. Some of those features are not as complete as we, the users, would like, but within their limits they work very well. The micros used in those dmm are incredibly powerful, cheap and feature rich.

Look at this beast, 20,000 count, large screen, backlight, something like 17 functions, all for less than 50 USD: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AN870-Digi...meter-Volt-AC-DC-Tester-Meter-MT/352297173058

If the micro in that thing had compass, they might as well write firmware that uses that feature. A comparable Fluke (115, 116, 117) has about 8 or so features. If you ignore safety, and most hobbyist do because they work with low voltage stuff, then there is no point spending money on Fluke when this beast is on the market. So they simply drawn the customer in product features. And if they can include compass on the list, the more the merrier.