LTSpice - tremolo effect simulation

Bonapetro

Joined Jan 16, 2019
This is my first post on this forum, so hello everyone! I hope you're doing fine!

I am writing because of the issue I have during simulating of Tremolo effect in LTSpice software.
My schematic that I use shows picture below:

LTSPice_scheme.png

The problem is the fact that LTSpice does not simulate this effect at all. It is so strange, because I have built a physical effect based on this schematic and everything works good. I investigated effect on oscilloscope too and the output signal looks as it should.
Furthermore I have created a potentiometer model (LTSpice does not have its own in libraries) based on one of the YouTube tutorial and only one of them works properly (VOLUME, near C5 capacitor). Changing values of the other has no effect in output signal.. Here is potentiometer model:

potencjometr_LTSpice.png

Can you explain me what is wrong with this schematic that it does not simulate? Input and output signals have shown below:

LTSPice_tremolo.png

Thank you in advance for any help!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
It would be helpful if you post your asc file.
You have a signal-in source in your schematic, but I see no low frequency source to produce the tremolo effect.

Bonapetro

Joined Jan 16, 2019
After studied this and the other websites involve phase shift, I still don't really know how can I implementate it in schematic.
The idea with frequency source sounds fine. I read that to use this source, we need to use 'modulator' model in LTSpice. Unfortunately I can't find any informations about parameters I should write inside the model.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
If you want to continue using a phase-shift oscillator as in the asc file, reduce the 100uF cap to 1uF and run the sim for at least 10 secs to allow oscillations time to build up.
If you want to use the Modulate device (from the Special Functions folder), here's an example of its use to generate a 1kHz signal amplitude modulated at 25Hz:-
Modulate.PNG
The mark and space values are set by right-clicking on the device symbol.

Bonapetro

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Could you please send a picture of modulator's Component Attribute Editor? I don't know what parameters I should type in Value, SpiceLine, etc.

Bonapetro

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Looks amazing! :) Do you know why can I set Rtot and wiper only for volume pot? For the others I can not open parameters window.

Bonapetro

Joined Jan 16, 2019
Additional amplitude of my output signal is about 0.2V instead of 0.8V.. All parameters are enable in potentiometers. I'm going daffy..